TFS Community influencing the fashion world? See Post #1 for related thread.

....This thread is to discuss the interest we get from people in the fashion biz ... who reads us, do we influence them?

Perhaps we can start looking at the web traffic the forum generates and analyse where it comes from. If it is a fashion industry blog/twitter icon then we can ***es on how influential it is with its audience and its Alexa rating, or maybe we can just run a superduper social media in-depth sentiment analysis over the interwebz to find out how come Average Joe bought his socks under the tFS influence, or why don't we simply explain tFS power and authority through the butterfly effect theory? :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Actually, Cathy Horyn DOES review magazines/books every so often at On the Runway. They are usually small and specialized in topic like fashion illustration, but she has done so.

Well I'm sure TFS is definitely a larger influence/widely than most here would even think because I'm know fully well my primary spot, On The Runway, certainly is. Given that people have to be invited here to post and given that many "insiders" don't want people to KNOW they want to post :lol: it's hard to feel it here. I'm quite sure people read it extensively tho and some would probably respond (under a username or even a real name) if they could.

More than "influence" I think they seek feedback from people they know are fashion wonks and passionate on the subject. After all, who else is their audience other than fashion enthusiasts? Ob (viously not everybody is as knowledgeable or insider-y as some clearly are, but places like this function as a sort of free focus group...depending on how you look at it.

Katie's Grand's comment interests me because as a OTR regular, I know just how much influence and authority Cathy really does have (it's astounding!); however she'd (Katie) be making a huge mistake to assume that all posters are all w/o any sort of authority w/in the industry. After all, we don't know who's sitting behind these usernames I'd not be so quick to write them off if I were her! The funny username could easily conceal the "important" person and the "wannabe" of today may be tomorrow's big influence.

most blogs post editorials from tfs and most people read threads on editorials and fashion weeks and style and more from TFS.and TFS has a big influence on fashion biz.Members of TFS are generally with a good knowledge of fashion and style.:flower:

I think internet has a great power in fashion biz, TFS too.

cocoperez is a rip off of tfs. tfs should get royalty from that website

Ahead of the curve
The curvy cover story by Steven Meisel is going around the world. Here is what they're saying about us

[...]
But the best title comes from The Fashion Spot, which launches the photoshooting by Meisel saying: "Plus-size models over bowls of pasta on the cover of Vogue Italia", a praise to Mediterranean diet (and beauty). Hooray for stereotypes, as long as they are healthy.
Beniamino Marini
vogue.it (full article here)

"a praise to Mediterranean diet (and beauty)"... that has been their conclusion?

some actress --- forget her name---i think she was a blue alien in some movie...
said some not so nice things about internet forums...
saying her own site is 'classier' than a forum...

but we know that people who use the word 'classy' usually aren't...
they are usually poseurs, aren't they...?!...
:P

^ Are you taking about Zoe Saldana? :lol: I didn't realize she was like that

she might have been talking about myfdb.com which her fiance owns/created the website
so she's biased lol

and still one of my favs :smile:

I think tfs has been fairly nice to her, mainly because of her sense of style which I really like. But her (she was one of the co-founders) website is pretty lame. You could get a lot more information by browsing through the behind-the-lens section and it's not as confusing and empty as her website. She should definitely watch her mouth before saying stuff like this.

http://www.myfdb.com/ It credits people who worked on photoshoots, but it mostly credits photographers and models, so nothing innovative.

Wow I still go on that site (almost everyday) I didn't know Zoe Saldana had anything to do with the site lol but I prefer it here I feel I can interact with people who share the same interest as me and read about fashion at the same time :smile:
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->