TFS Community influencing the fashion world? See Post #1 for related thread.

they should have put TFS in fron of fashiongonerogue if you ask me :innocent:
they pretty much take a lot of editorials from here and put them there anyways...
:P

Yes I believe we do because whenever you serach anyone online the fashion spot comes up first and its the first people go to for research and comments and ya

Well ... recently during NYFW SS 11 one of our posters described the Y3s collection as something from Hot topic .. and what does Jezebel.com uses a headline for that show?

Y3s takes a trip to Hot topic !!!!

Beside, more and more media are crediting tFS ... The Cut, fashin, Jezebel ..etc

this not really fits the conversation but..
we saw so many excerpt from several magazines, blogs, sites mentioning tfs .. therefore I thought it would be interesting to have a threat for this, "TFS in world fashion magazines" or however you want to call it.
It doesn't has to have any major topic, just for fun to read. And whenever users find sth about tfs they can share and post. I think I'd be very interesting and funny :wink:
Does a thread like this already exists??

this not really fits the conversation but..
we saw so many excerpt from several magazines, blogs, sites mentioning tfs .. therefore I thought it would be interesting to have a threat for this, "TFS in world fashion magazines" or however you want to call it.
It doesn't has to have any major topic, just for fun to read. And whenever users find sth about tfs they can share and post. I think I'd be very interesting and funny :wink:
Does a thread like this already exists??

I don't quite understand what you mean, wangster. Would you mind clarifying?

I believe the suggestion is for a thread that would be like ... I think they used to call them clipping services. If you were mentioned in the press anywhere, the service would clip it and send it to you. The idea is that we would post virtual clippings about tFS in a thread.

Yah, this is what I meant in a way :wink:
Just a thread were we can collection and share excerpts, little infos in blogs and magazines which is related to tfs or is mentioning it.
(e.g. like models.com did two seasons ago when they said sth like"Our friends from tfs put a lot of hard work in collection the models showlists" or whatever ; or like there was confirmed in a Lindsey W. interview that she reads tfs. stuff like that)

I think it would be interesing to read for many users.
especially if a member was even quoted :D

That's actually a good idea, wangster. To have a thread for "tFS mentions" where members can contribute what they find.

I think the moderators have talked about this before ... or maybe there is already thread ... something about that is rolling around in my memory. I'm going to ask the team if they know about an existing thread or if we have discussed it ... and, if not, I'll ask if they also think that would be a good idea. If we start one, we'll have to figure out which forum to put it in. Maybe here, maybe RHI, since it's just news. I'll get back to everyone in a few days.

LOVE the idea, we should give a cool name "TheFashionSpot's press clippings", perhaps?

i'm not sure if this is any helpful but it's related...there's a page in i-D of pat mcgrath and they mention tfs. it's not much but it's nice to know that we're out there...

I love the idea. that way we can kind of get a feel for how much of a presence tfs really has in the fashion world.

i'm not sure if this is any helpful but it's related...there's a page in i-D of pat mcgrath and they mention tfs. it's not much but it's nice to know that we're out there...

Does that mean she read my post about her in bunny ears?:lol:

The moderators agreed that this would be a fun thread ... clips and mentions of tFS.

I'm going to start it in Rumor Has It ... which is where we discuss news about celebs and now about us. I'll post a link later.

If you have seen something, please quote it and post it in the new thread. Don't forget to credit the place you found it, as is required for any article, snippet or picture.

thank you Bette for actualizing the idea :flower:
and for that thread!

I think that TFS is influential and maybe more influential than we realize. Everyone really knows and understands how influential our forums are with the models, agencies, and bookers but I think that we have a good amount of influence in other places as well. For example I really think that TFS is very influential to the blogosphere. I've noticed that I will read threads on TFS and then a few days later then bloggers will start picking up a story or an issue. Usually it's something that was addressed in a thread.

We all have heard of how blogs influence the industry so I think while we aren't... Anna Wintour(although Berlin Rocks may be close :D ) I think we have some sort of pull in the industry.

i think the forums are what industry people are interested in...
not so much the 'articles' on the homepage...etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->