Thakoon F/W 11.12 New York

I see a little bit of Commes des Garcons in some of these pieces. I didn't like this collection. Like a lot of his prior work a lot better

I liked some of the printed pieces, one of the stripes for example, as well as some of the tops and dresses with bustles. But other prints and styles left me wanting. I think I like his spring collections best.

the show was great! loved everything. the fabrics were horribly loud though, even over the runway music we could hear the fabric as they walked by haha.

thakoon has a hit on his hands with this collection. not only did he fold in some of that japanese conceptual fashion into this thoroughly american collection, but he has found that sweet spot -- much like his peer, jason wu -- in between the high fashion look that we all crave and the great sportswear tradition that new york fashion week is known for. further, i love the confidence with which thakoon mixed such bold and contradictory influences so much so that they look genius together.

00190m.jpg

style.com

The cuts are really great on some pieces, but the patterns destroy it and make it look tacky

just going to post the whole collection here...

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

style.com

Im not loving the plaid the rest of it is very interesting. Great color palette, my favorite look is peice is the the 3rd pic in post #9

some pieces remind me Proenza, some of them Vivienne Westwood, maybe it´s pattern and colour palette, but it´s not bad collection. wearable.

L ove the colors and the patterns. He really is a master of prints.

the work with prints is always exceptional. I really enjoyed a majority of this collection, especially the jackets and printed skirts

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->