The 81st Annual Venice Film Festival 2024

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2024 81st Venice Film Festival starts today, running from August 28-September 7, 2024! :magic:

Taylor Russell hitting the red carpet in vintage Chanel from 1993:

More from day one including Winona Ryder, Catherine O’Hara, Isabelle Huppert and Mariacarla Boscono:

Cate looked so good. Her best in a long while.

Also love Isabelle Huppert's look. Perfect for the occasion.

Also love Isabelle Huppert's look. Perfect for the occasion.

Really? Her dress looks like it was fitted by a blind person, it's so horrid.

Taylor Russell is very pretty and I usually enjoy her fashion choices, so it's no surprise that she looked really good here. She also looked great in a vintage Galliano suit.

Cate also looked phenomenal in Armani, the dress fit her like a glove, she's ethereal and I love the pearly sheen of the material.

Everyone else looked sort of wretched.

Day two with Cate Blanchett and HoYeon Jung:

Really? Her dress looks like it was fitted by a blind person, it's so horrid.

Maybe you're right, but I find the glam and over the top (slight ridiculous) look perfect for the occasion.

Compared with the corset design of vintage Chanel, the noticeable waistband of the Dior gown and its skirt make me doubt the savoir-faire of Maison Dior! Also, as a usual fan of archive pieces, I find the fabric of the Balenciaga looks tortured.

I'm surprised by my capacity to be annoyed at this point. This look is just so tired. The context of the film festival and that it's her wearing it is novel, but makes it somehow more grating to look at.

Nicole Kidman in Bottega Veneta

Nicole Kidman in Schiaparelli couture

Cate Blanchett in Giorgio Armani

Cate Blanchett in Louis Vuitton

Eva Green in Armani Privé

Lili Reinhart in Armani Privé

Ho-yeon Jung in Louis Vuitton

gettyimages.com

I'm surprised by my capacity to be annoyed at this point. This look is just so tired. The context of the film festival and that it's her wearing it is novel, but makes it somehow more grating to look at.
Because it's like someone telling a joke that he's already told countless times before and it's not funny and yet, he keeps going, so it's always just a little bit more annoying than the previous time. It's a shame she's not advised better and that whoever is whispering 'this is what the youth loves, you're not like the other actress, you're ahead of the curve' is pretty much feeding her the most mindless, mainstream notion of fashion, and that actresses who are excellent in their craft and with flawless careers are getting dragged into the corporate dumpster that fashion is right now and allowing themselves to be reduced to the understanding of women of a self-aggrandized conman whose only currency as a 'designer' is recycled irony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegodline
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->