The Battle for Christmas Number One

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by LolaSvelt, Dec 20, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

2. iluvjeisa

iluvjeisa clever ain't wise

They're both equally moronic and devoid of talent.

They represent two types of purchased musicians - those chosen for their lack of talent and ability to appeal to those who want simple minded political mantras repeated over and over, and the other is more obviously slick, boring, predictable and flat.

#2 iluvjeisa, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited by moderator julyandluvy: Dec 20, 2009
  3. Label Basher

Label Basher New Member

The thing I don't like about this is instead of choosing someone else that has a song out at the moment and getting behind them the campaign people have gone for a band that only recently got back together and picked a song that has already had it's day. That is the unfair part.

Right now Lady Gaga is No 1 with Bad Romance. I'd rather she get it as she is relevant now. She is a popular artist and even if you don't like her at least she is not off X-Factor/Some Countries Got Talent/Idol etc.

4. *k.a.t.e*

*k.a.t.e* New Member

I wish they'd actually made a Christmas song Christmas Number 1.

5. hautechild

hautechild New Member

I'll happily take Rage Against the Machine over X-Factor. And I think more importantly that anything they're donating all of the proceeds to Shelter, which is a great charity to support, especially this time of year. I think that's very Christmassy in spirit.

6. Karen0193

Karen0193 Active Member

Its RATM! :buzz: so m uch better than the climb.

7. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i have to say i understand the point of such a campaign....i mean to see a simon cowell produced talent for the last 5 straight years(?!),i think that would become rather annoying. of course it would have made a lot more sense had the campaign been for a successful homegrown talent....that wasn't connected to that talent show. but i have to say at least the money they raised in this endeavour goes to a good cause and not merely out of selfish and spiteful purposes.