The Beatles

LolitaLuxe

Vision of Paradise
Reaction score
ykidis.....i cant see anything :blink:

but im listening to penny lane right now :shock:

there beneath the blue suburban sky...

Ahhhh....sorry. It was taking a really long time to post....maybe it just never posted:wacko: . I was wondering if anyone knew where the Sgt. Pepper costumes are located now. Like what museum. I'm sure they've traveled around but i've been trying to find pics of the suits...not the album pics. Pics of them on mannequins or on display to see the outfits in full and maybe detail too. Does anyone know any info about what museum they are at now? or does anyone have any pics? Thanks alot! :flower:

Hi ykidkwis,

I hope these work:

01.sgtpepper.jpg

rock3.jpg

rock1.jpg

cool! Thanx alot stylegurrl. Nice avatar by the way...i just watched the movie last night!

Originally posted by ykidkwis@Aug 6 2004, 01:24 PM
cool! Thanx alot stylegurrl. Nice avatar by the way...i just watched the movie last night!
[snapback]323336[/snapback]​

You're very welcome. Always glad to assist a fellow Beatle fan. :flower:
Thanks, I loved the guys in their "Let It Be" period. I am embarassed to say that I have yet to see the film. :blush:

you should see it. Its really good. Yoko is alongside John throughout the whole thing :huh: It's quite funny...apparently that was one of the things that contributed to the tension towards the beatles' end

Originally posted by ykidkwis@Aug 6 2004, 07:46 PM
you should see it. Its really good. Yoko is alongside John throughout the whole thing :huh: It's quite funny...apparently that was one of the things that contributed to the tension towards the beatles' end
[snapback]323755[/snapback]​

I guess that's one reason I never pursued watching the film. I really don't need to look at Yoko's mug through the whole thing or remind myself how destructive her presence was :innocent:

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 6 2004, 08:40 PM
Stylegurrl...what museum is that? Or what exhibit?
[snapback]323830[/snapback]​

It was the Rock and Fashion exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which took place a few years ago.

brian epstein

stylegurrl said:
I guess that's one reason I never pursued watching the film. I really don't need to look at Yoko's mug through the whole thing or remind myself how destructive her presence was :innocent:

its really sick how decades later people still blame yoko for anything. if anything you should respect johns choice that he wanted top be with the woman he loved deeply until his death. the beatles explicitly broke up because paul wanted his father5 in law john eastman to manage the band. obviously that was objectionable to the other 3.
but more importantly, theyd been growing apart ever since brian epsteins death and sincfe teh aftermath of sgt pepper.
magical mystery tour was considred to be their first failure ever and after that the wjite LP is really like solo songs by each member.
paul devised let it be but it was a disaster with all 4 fighting & months of useless film. abbey road was a great finale for the band but the same 'solo' format endured there.
for anyone to blame yoko for anything is to show tremnendous lack of knowledge of teh beatles real history.
besides which shes an extremely talenteed artist incl the fluxus group, if you dont know all about her amazing art & performance/philosophy you cannot possibly guess how brilliant & inspiring she must have been to john. anyone who hates yoko ono is spitting on john lennons dead corpse. honour his choices.

I just watched yellow submarine again :smile: I remember vague parts of it from when i'd seen it when I was much younger, but watching it again made it all come flooding back :lol: what trippy memories to have from childhood

'he's mr.nowhere man' :wink:

sub

i too have childhood memories of tripping out to that cartoon.
however the beatles had almost nothing to do with it except lend their voices and a few new tunes.
i think 'hey bulldog' is the only notable new song in it?
a real beatles oddity is their XMas LP- ever heard the compete xmas messages they recorded for the fan club? some weird stuff and not so funny.

nah I only have a couple of their albums...revolver and the white album I think, I personally feel The Beatles were very overrated, good though they were I just think it's because they were seen as a revolutionary band of the time that they got so much status

lady grey said:
its really sick how decades later people still blame yoko for anything. if anything you should respect johns choice that he wanted top be with the woman he loved deeply until his death. the beatles explicitly broke up because paul wanted his father5 in law john eastman to manage the band. obviously that was objectionable to the other 3.
but more importantly, theyd been growing apart ever since brian epsteins death and sincfe teh aftermath of sgt pepper.
magical mystery tour was considred to be their first failure ever and after that the wjite LP is really like solo songs by each member.
paul devised let it be but it was a disaster with all 4 fighting & months of useless film. abbey road was a great finale for the band but the same 'solo' format endured there.
for anyone to blame yoko for anything is to show tremnendous lack of knowledge of teh beatles real history.
besides which shes an extremely talenteed artist incl the fluxus group, if you dont know all about her amazing art & performance/philosophy you cannot possibly guess how brilliant & inspiring she must have been to john. anyone who hates yoko ono is spitting on john lennons dead corpse. honour his choices.

John's personal life meant nothing to me, so I don't care who he married. It is common knowledge that Yoko's presence in the studio was disruptive and not appreciated by the other band members. Her input was not wanted yet she offered it anyway. She can be seen in the film giving orders. John allowed this to go on and his lack of respect for his bandmate's wishes made an already stressful situation worse. Yoko was not a member of the band. She had no right to give orders to anyone. My dislike of her comes from that and her attempts to turn the Beatles legacy into "John Lennon's legacy" with no regard for the others, Paul McCartney in particular. Her shameless revision of Beatles/Lennon history has even turned many of her late husband's most devoted fans against her.

Paul's choice of the Eastmans over Allan Klein was a sore point yes, but they did not disband explicity because of it. There were numerous contributing factors.

As for Abbey Road, it's second side is the most famous and that side is a collaboration between all of the band members. It was not a "solo" effort.

For anyone to say that Yoko was not a disruptive force and at least a factor in the band's demise is showing a lack of knowledge of Beatles history. To this day she continues to divide fans and cause bad feelings. She fans the flames of the whole Lennon vs. McCartney crap and spends her time discrediting Paul McCartney's contributions to the band while greedily fighting to keep John's name on songs he had no input in.

I am aware of her art/performance background and I am not really impressed. Naked ***es, sitting in plastic bags and having your clothes cut off doesn't do it for me. She preaches peace and love but her actions are contrary. I was actually once a fan of her music, but not any longer. I have lost any respect for her.

Yoko's work as an artist has nothing to do with her actions regarding the Beatles. If you want to see an example of someone spitting on John's corpse you have to look no further than his own widow. Her commercialization of his name and image (despite his public and well-documented objections) must have him rolling in his grave. I also don't think he'd approve of her treatment of his friend and former partner or of his first son.

It seems that you are not aware of the fact that a lot of the negativity toward Yoko today is a result of her own doing. She has given people plenty of reasons to dislike her, the "breakup of the Beatles" being minor.

Sigh...I just found this thread! ^_^

Just wondered for those who like The Beatles, whats everyones favorite one, album, movie etc...:D

John, my dream!-A Hard Day's Night for the fact that it is the only Beatles LP to have the songs be entirely written by Lennon and McCartney, but Revolver has to be nearest the top! AHDN is my favorite movie! :P

yoko has hit songs in the 21st century

stylegurrl said:

It was john's right to have yoko by his side. no one should blame yoko & it is sick how you & others 35 years later still blame yoko.
he cared more about that woman than the band- good for him. he is real. paul was PR BS.
the boys they were became men. of course they changed. you act like john & yoko should have acted differently to save the band.
john didnt want to be in some capitalistic pop band, he had other desires including intense love. respect that. what a joke telling john lennon how to live his life. dont tell me I dont know about the beatles I experienced much of their history while it was occuring. no, abbey road is mostly pauls LP & john contributed come together & george did here comes sun. as soon as brian epstein died after sgt pepper it was never the same. the white LP is each beatle as his own artist with the others as musicians. the magical mystery TV show was the first failure they had seen since 1962 or 63. no youre wrong, paul forced the eastmans on the others & that lead to all suing each other. how could they have a band if tehyre always fighting, & cant agree on anything? blame each beatle or paul particularly, dont blame yoko. if you dont respect yoko's art then I suggest you go read about her. I do not believe you know anything about her amazing fine art history. look up the fluxus movement & see how key yoko is in it. if the art scholars respect yoko's art maybe youre the one who's ignorant?? there is nothing wrong with the way yoko has managed johns legacy since 1980 & once again youre really really sick to blame yoko. johns legacy is intact with all his cool LPs 70s-80 its paul who cant write a good song to save his life since about 1980. I cant believe how ignorant and selfish some beatles fans are 35 years later. if the last 2 years of the beatles were all fighting & butting heads why should they stay together? john & yoko were smart to see the end was near. ringo himseelf quit on at least 1 occasion. the let it be film shows so much acrimony & another terrible idea on pauls part. let it be is an ok LP but the white LP was the last really band LP, abbey road is pauls symphonic byebye. i hope you understand that paul became the leader of the band in the last years, john couldnt be bothered with paul's smiley routine acting like everything is peachy when they all hated each other 75% of the time. look at let it be george detests pauls coaching. Ive met yoko on several occasions & she is extremely kind, smart, super-soulful & radiates a wisdom & positivity that is inspiring. i suggest you seriously read up on her art career since you sound like a beatles nut. blaming yoko is so old & so wrong,. if you want to blame anybody blame your darling paul, hes the 1 who f*cked up over & over starting with magical mystery tour show, let it be & the brilliant idea of having his wifes family manage the band. also yoko had a great song dance hit in the last year 'walking on thin ice' with the pet shop boys, danny tenaglia & others. yoko is more relevant to todays music than anything paul has done since the late 70s. when was the last time paul had any good songs? late 70s I guess. and this year yoko has 'every man has a man who loves him' a significant gay pride/gay marriage song. yokos music is totally relevant at age 72 while paul does sh*t like 'freedom' and hasnt had a decent hit since 'wonderful xmastime ' & 'coming up.'
paulm told michael jackosn to buy publishing so mijax bought the beatles catalog. smart one paul. as late as the 80s paul, yoko, george & ringo still didnt get along & they didnt gather the $$ to buy the catalog. dont blame yoko for breaking up the band, blame the beatles themselves. makes sense, eh??

I honestly can not believe that we don't have a thread on them!

I've loved the Beatles for years. They're one of my father's favourite bands, so I grew up listening to them - and then in highschool I branched out on my own and did my own research, bought my own CD's etc. I absolutely adore them. We have Beatles memorablia through our house! lol.

KUDOS! :flower:

The Beatles were incredible. I'm a huge fan.

My favorite song is probably "Let It Be". It's a tough choice though - there are so many great known songs and quite a few hidden gems ("It's All Too Much" anybody!? "Baby You're A Rich Man"!?). "Let It Be" is one of those songs i can put on any time and it is instantly soothing for me. It's like a soul massage.

I think the Beatles are one of the VERY few, if not only, band that you prob. won't find more than a handful of people who don't like their music. From their era on up to ours. That says a lot that that a band can stand that test of time.

Oh yea....I :heart: the Beatles. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->