The Beatles

I love 'Here Comes the Sun' (I have it playing now) it's such a sweet, beautiful tune. George Harrison was an absolutely amazing songwriter - I think he was overshadowed by John & Paul - though I do love all of them.

The Beatles were my first music love, even before Led Zeppelin.

I love love love Tomorrow never knows :heart:

ooh I have been on a beatles kick lately! favourite albums at the moment are 1st abbey road, then sgt. pepper's, then the white album, then revolver, then magical mystery tour!! you guys have inspired me to put on abbey rd right now! Love the end of I want you.

Oh I love love love the Beatles... :heart:

I have an old "fan magazine" completely dedicated to them from 1967, I believe, that was my dad's. There are some huge fans in my family.:blush: :innocent:

As for favourite songs... I could probably list of a top thirty and I still would be forgetting amazing ones. However the one that sticks out in my mind right now is I've Just Seen a Face. :flower:

When i was a wee lil'un back in the 80s, when my parents were out i would get up on the coffee table and pretend i was a Beatle. My mom had the "red" album on vinyl, which is a collection of all their early hits (She Loves You, Eight Days a Week, etc - basically up to Rubber Soul). I would put that on, get up on the coffee table and sing along into the mirror (so i could make sure i looked as cool as i felt!). I would always try to get my sister, who was younger (and still is) to get up there and sing with me - to be the Paul to my John or vice versa - but she was never much into it. Oh, what fun i had!

I guess i was easily entertained... ^_^

^I used to do the same thing... what am I talking about... USED to? Ha... I dance to Come Together and pretend I'm so cool... all the time.

Cosette said:
^I used to do the same thing... what am I talking about... USED to? Ha... I dance to Come Together and pretend I'm so cool... all the time.

"Pretend", ha! :flower:

I :heart: the Beatles. I stared to get interested in them from an early age (my dad was a huge fan of theirs back in the day). It's so very hard to choose, but my favourite Beatles song EVER would probably be 'Let it be' :heart:

here are a few highlights from paul mccartney's weekend nyc madison square garden shows:
helter skelter.
too many people.
yesterday.
penny lane.
live & let die.
I'll GET YOU [early beatles].
let me roll it.
jet.
i will.
fixing a hole.
blackbird!.
sgt pepper reprise.
the end
hey jude.

call me stupid, but the beatles are a band i will never get..... i find their work extremely redundant..... yes they were the face of a new generation...... but fact aside, they're totally unappealing to me.... i listen to one of their song more than once and i instantly get sick of it......

and the after-beatles songs, sung by john lennon..... oh dear. ok imagine is a classic,yes the lyrics are profound and meaningful.... but isnt the melody cheesy.... and his voice in the ''women'' song...... argh.... painful to watch/hear.

sorry, i just cannot stand the beatles..... i grew up with parents that are HUGE fans of them...... that probably made things even worse.....

Kimkhuu said:
sorry, i just cannot stand the beatles..... i grew up with parents that are HUGE fans of them...... that probably made things even worse.....

Can't stand the Beatles!? That's like saying you can't stand oxygen! It's like having murderous thoughts towards puppies and bunnies! It's equivalent to seceeding from humanity!

You know, i bet Hitler couldn't stand the Beatles too.

:P I'm kidding. Sorry, i amuse myself sometimes.

I've gotten into arguements with a friend over the importance of the Beatles - he insisting that it was all about timing and it could've been anybody. I disagree. There is something about the meshing of the personalities - the adoration, respect, competitiveness, and aprehension they had for each other - that made their union much bigger than the sum of the parts and have made the Beatles, for me, something timeless and special.

The Beatles is timeless. Love them! My favourites are probably Strawberry Fields Forever, Helter Skelter, Sgt. Peppers.... , Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and The long and Winding Road. I do hate John Lennons music alone though. Paul McCartney has some nice ones, especially Maybe I'm Amazed

Belowen said:
I honestly can not believe that we don't have a thread on them!

I've loved the Beatles for years. They're one of my father's favourite bands, so I grew up listening to them - and then in highschool I branched out on my own and did my own research, bought my own CD's etc. I absolutely adore them. We have Beatles memorablia through our house! lol.

shame on us !! :o
I love them ..there are bands that I'll :heart: untill I die and the beatles are one of them !

Gosh, I love the Beatles.

I'm taking a History of Rock and Roll class at my uni (for my arts requirement) and today the professor talked about their first 5 uk-released albums.
We are going to spend next week talking about them as well. That shows how important they are!

yay for the Beatles :flower:

Oh, it must be so much fun to take a class like that! So interesting, especially if you love the music

Tiny Dancer said:
Oh, it must be so much fun to take a class like that! So interesting, especially if you love the music

yep. It's my favorite class of the semester. It's easy to study :wink:

Tiny Dancer said:
The Beatles is timeless. Love them! My favourites are probably Strawberry Fields Forever, Helter Skelter, Sgt. Peppers.... , Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and The long and Winding Road. I do hate John Lennons music alone though. Paul McCartney has some nice ones, especially Maybe I'm Amazed

The Long and Winding Road:woot: :heart:

This thread is very cool! I have been a Beatles fan for over two decades now. I adore their music and can't imagine my life without it. I am also a huge Wings/solo Macca fan. :heart: My favorite Beatles album would have to be Revolver and the bass lines on Rain, Come Together, Paperback Writer and Something are incredible.

In My Life
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Fool on the Hill

Oh, I quit. They're all great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"