The Beatles

Oh I know, I said the same thing the first time I watched the movie. My favorite song would have to be "Let it be."

Agree with you p_l, hard to pick just one, but "Hey Jude" is my favorite.

You know what I can't figure out is how the Kings of Leon thread has more posts than the Beatles thread when the Beatles are the greatest band, EVER. Anyways, it's so hard to pick a favorite Beatles song. It changes all of the time. One of their songs will come on my iPod randomly and I'll just think, 'God I love this song.' Right now, I play "I've Got a Feeling" ALL THE TIME! It's not my favorite, just my current favorite. But, I think Let It Be is probably an all-time classic for me. It's lyrically just so beautiful and inspiring.

This will probably change, but right now my favorite is definitely For the Benefit of Mister Kite. I've always loved the weird guitar solo in the middle^_^.

I wouldn't mind if Yellow Submarine was remade. I don't usually like remakes but I don't really like the Yellow Submarine animation in the first place. I don't know, I just don't like Heinz Edelmann's style. Perhaps it's just the crudeness of the animation.

They are my all-time favourite band so I guess I might too big a Beatles fan to pick just one song as their best. LOL
I don't think songs like Hey Jude or Yesterday are the Beatles best songs...great songs but I think it's cliche to say so and they have better songs anyway. The Beatles have too many different styles for me to pick one song that is just their one and only best. Early Beatles aren't like Middle or Later Beatles, you know? The perfection of early tunes like All My Loving, I Saw Her Standing There or And I Love Her etc. are a different sort of perfection than middle and later songs like Rain, In My Life, Blackbird, A Day In The Life, Something, Let It Be etc...I really couldn't pick one song I that I thought was their one and only best! LOL
To tell someone who'd never heard the Beatles before "Oh their best song is Let It Be! Listen to that one.," they sure would be very surprised by their psychedelic stuff like I Am The Walrus or songs like Helter Skelter or just Love Me Do! Just one song couldn't define their best sound to me.

Although I do think Revolver is their best album (though my favourite is Rubber Soul.)

But anyway, thought I'd share some Beatles photographs. Scanned by me, of course.

These last 4 are photos taken by Avedon! I love these ones especially. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Favorite Beatles song? Too hard. :doh: I love Yesterday though, Let it be comes right after it. :heart:

I wouldn't mind if Yellow Submarine was remade. I don't usually like remakes but I don't really like the Yellow Submarine animation in the first place. I don't know, I just don't like Heinz Edelmann's style. Perhaps it's just the crudeness of the animation.

No, No, NO, Noooooooooo..............

That'd be like redoing the animations in Monty Python. Classics should never be tampered with.

Agree on the 'best' song though. Too many of the more famous ones are cliched. I lean more towards the "Norwegian Wood" or "Eleanor Rigby" type.

Glee's going to sing Hello, Goodbye in their next episode^_^!

(Starts at about :43)

Via Glee thread

Yoko Ono and John Lennon by David Bailey, 1971

scan by rox_yr_sox from People In Vogue : A Century of Portraits

^ though I'm not the biggest Yoko fan, I love that picture. It's so sweet.

Favorite Beatles song? Such a tough question but I think if I could only choose one I'd say A Day in the Life. I love how the beginning are so John and the middle is so Paul but it all just works together brilliantly. I never ever tire of that song! :heart:

can't pick one, but my favourite Beatles' songs are: Within You Without You, Tomorrow Never Knows, Strawberry Fields, Something, A Day in the Life, I Will, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Yer Blues, Think for Yourself :heart::heart:

Lately I've been listening to "Mother Nature's Son" and "Maxwell's Silver Hammer". but it changes so often. There are simply too many to choose from^_^.

My favourite songs are probably within you without you/tomorrow never knows, in my life, while my guitar gently weeps, come together, strawberry fields, blackbird and helter skelter. :blush: They have too many songs just to pick one :P:heart:

Me and my friend are going to Abbey Road on Sunday to sign the wall, bit touristy I know but I've always wanted to do it and pay homage to a band that have inspired me so much :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in love with I'll Follow the Sun since the first time I listened to it, a few months ago. :heart:

What about your favorite Beatles album? :shifty:

Why had I not found this thread before!
I was just listening to my Abbey Road vinyl and remembered to search for one! and here I am!

My Favourite Album is probably Magical Mystery Tour

Agree on the 'best' song though. Too many of the more famous ones are cliched. I lean more towards the "Norwegian Wood" or "Eleanor Rigby" type.[/QUOTE]

Eleanor Rigby is my possibly my favourite song of all time

Eleanor Rigby is great! :heart: A true gem. It just stands out from other songs.

I watched 'A Hard Day's Night' the other day and it was just fabulous! I have a new love for Ringo. :crush: He's so awkward and innocent. But George will always be my #1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->