The Best and Worst of S/S 07

funkalicious

Reaction score
So which collection do you think scored and which collection flunked the boat?

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Alexander McQueen - McQueen brings his fw06 collection to the next level! Everything about the show was amazing, even the sets and the clothes have perhaps the best fit.

Prada - Love the minis and the rich colourful. I found it inspiring in every level!

Gucci - Who would have guess how well Folk Ethnic would mix with Sexy Disco? Frida brings her own aesthetic to the sex of Gucci brilliantly.

Balmain - Love the Gold and Silver details were everything seems torned and aged.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
Christian Dior - Gorgeous clothes but that hair got to go. Most of the models look hideous in it!

Balenciaga - Like the idea but not the execution.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Jean Paul Gaultier - I found every moment disturbingly trashy. Bravo for the plus sized model though.

:wub::wub::wub:

Alexander McQueen - I'm still at a loss for words about how much I love this collection. Best of the season by FAAAAAARRR.

Yves Saint Laurent - First collection of the ENTIRE season that made me excited. Love the flowers, purples, shoes, ysl-eqsue-ness and well, pretty much everything!

Balenciaga - A lot of people didn't like it but I loved the concept. Maybe it's because I'm a male and wouldn't be wearing any of this clothing anyhow, but I just love the gold armor leggings and all the chainmail dresses.

Versace - I was really supirsed how much I liked this collection. Definitely my favorite out of Milan, it's nice to see the house pull a 180 with these last two seasons!

Sonia Rykiel - I loved how everything was just so pretty, but not boring, which a lot of designers seemed to have a problem with this season... And lots of kudos for making all the models smile! First time I've ever enjoyed watching Sasha! :blush:

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Dior - I really liked how wearable everything was, but apart of me was hoping for Galliano's usual theatrics...

Marc Jacobs - Another collection everyone hated. I didn't hate it persay, I'm still torn between whether I liked it or not. Unwearablility or taste aside, it doesn't really resinate with me as a collection I'm going to remember even next season. But not the worst...

:sick::sick::sick:

Viktor & Rolf - I just hated everything. From the awful star designs to everything sheer and everything else, it was just a mess, by far the worst of Paris. I pretty much forgot about the disasters from the other cities, except one that's awfully hard to ever forget...

Heatherette - Not that I was expecting anything spectacular from them, but giving Paris Hilton a modeling job? :angry::sick::judge::nuke:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably very early, but the best in my mind so far:
perfection:
Alexander McQueen
Yves Saint Laurent
execution:
Yohji Yamamoto
Junya Watanabe
Presentation
Marc Jacobs
wearbility
Marni and Max Mara
Special events wear
Balmain

Best: Alexander McQueen, Valentino, YSL, Chanel

Worst: Balenciaga hands down, Stella McCartney, Gucci, JPG

Best - Alexander McQueen, YSL, Dior, Comme des Garcon, Yohji Yamamoto, Jil Sander, Marni and Balmain
Worst -UNDERCOVER!, Gucci, all of Karl's collections (really boring), and the rest were just not very stimulating or something was just off.

one of the best: Alexander McQueen!!! this collection was genius.

Also: Balmain. was just perfect!

Best: Alexander McQueen, Balmain, Dior, Gianfranco Ferre, Alberta Ferretti, Armani, Three As Four, Tuleh
Runners-up: Kokolosaki, Chalayan, Cavalli, Preen, Yigal Azrouel
Worst: Dolce & Gabbana, Balenciaga, Julien MacDonald, Pucci,

we havent seen Lanvin or Chloe yet, so.. i'll wait

^yeah, still looking fowrard for LANVIN, after all this dissapoitment from SS07,i still hope....

Best:

Alexander McQueen
Hussein Chalayan
Balmain
Yves Saint Laurent
Yohji Yamamoto
Rick Owens
Sophia Kokosalaki
Jill Sander
Giambattista Valli
Ann Demeulenmeester
Fendi

Runnner ups

Alberta Ferretti
Versace
Dries van Noten
Bottega Veneta
Marni
Sonia Rykiel
Myself
Narciso Rodriguez

Worst:

Christoper Kane
Emanuel Ungaro
Stella McCartney
Emilio Pucci
Jean Paul Gaultier
Missoni
Roberto Cavalli

Lena said:
we havent seen Lanvin or Chloe yet, so.. i'll wait

Yeah, Lanvin should be good... I'm actually not really looking foward to Chloe though. I was SUCH a big Pheobe fan that I thought the last collection was just plain hideous. :yuk:

I'm actually looking foward to Louis Vuitton, partly because I think Marc needs to redeem his self after his collection :innocent: His diffusion line was good, however, in my opinion.

Waiting for Chloe, Lanvin and Vuitton as well before jumping to conclusions. Also, Galliano hasn't showed yet...

I love Alexander McQueen's collection :wub: that's all I have to say!!

I dont think anyone can beat King Mcqueen- and YSL is pretty close-
chloe- huge disappointment
and i think im one of the few who liked marc jacobs- it looks soo comfortable

UNDERCOVER UNDERCOVER UNDERCOVER UNDERCOVER UNDERCOVER UNDERCOVER UNDERCOVER is the worst worst worst worst worst!

MCQUEEN BALENCIAGA are the best right now......

Ad Guy Laroche to worst, that might just be the most hideous collection of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->