The Best and Worst of S/S 07

I really really liked Valentino's collection.. I thought it was sooo fresh and hip.

I didn't really like McQueen's but I thought it was the most interesting collection, it always is though.

Worst: Dolce & Gabanna --- what the hell happened?

:heart:

Alexander McQueen
Yves Saint-Laurent
Yigal Azrouel
Balmain
Hussein Chalayan :heart:
Pringle of Scotland
Alberta Ferretti
A F Vandevorst

+other good Paris/Milan collections, but which that didn't make my heart skip a beat. Those I listed I will remember by heart for some time.

I hated Marc Jacobs, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Balenciaga. London was utterly disappointing, there was only one strong collection (Gareth Pugh) and the others looked like Topshop. New York's collections were super boring, but there were some good pieces, though rare, and one good collection. Milan was interesting.

But it's not over yet. I've still to see Lanvin!

I Loved McQueen, Balmain, Prada, YSL, Luella, & Hussien Chaylan.

Other collections I liked- Proenza Schouler, Preen, & Sophia Kokosalaki.

I'm still on the fence with Balenciaga and Givenchy- I liked parts of each collection.

Hated- D&G

I'm really looking forward to Lanvin, Miu Miu, & Louis Vuitton tomorrow.

LOVED: JIL SANDER, ANN DEMEULEMEESTER, HAIDER ACKERMAN, BALENCIAGA, SINHA-STANIC, LUTZ, YOHJI YAMAMOTO, JUNYA W., RICK OWENS

HATED: Sophia Kokosalaki, Giles, Preen, all Milan shows (except JIL and Versace) all NY shows (except Calvin Klein & Donna Karan),DSquared2, Undercover, D&G...

BEST: Versace, Alexander McQueen,& Proenza Schouler

WORST: Jean-Paul Gauthier,Dolce & Gabbana

Best and worst collections of S/S 2007

Best
Donna Karan
Alexander Mcqueen
Christian Dior
Gianni Versace
Yves Saint Laurent

Worst
Marc Jacobs
Eli Saab
Balenciaga

Best:

1) Alexander McQueen (hands down)
2) Gianni Versace
3) Chanel (I really liked it ^_^)
4) DKNY (ahhh...I always like DKNY)

Worst:

1) Balenciaga (um...don't like silver)
2) Marc Jacobs (I tried to get it...by I didn't)
3) Dolce and Gabanna (great show but tacky clothes)
5) JPG (it was weird and unwearable which is what I suppose makes him great sometimes but I disliked it)

Best:

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Donna Karan
Ralph Lauren
Elie Saab

Worst:

Most of the Paris collections. They are either too wierd or too frou-frou for my tastes.

Balenciaga takes the prize for hideous clothes masquerading as fashion-foward.

Dolce and Gabanna- hideous

Miu Miu- too unflattering and wierd.

Alexander Mcqueen was deffinately one of the best, but he also did mostly dresses, and he clearly has a talent for that, I would have liked to see him do more.

]Balenciaga was great, no matter how trendy/futuristic it was. It was WAY to cool to be on the worst list, although it seems that everyone dissagrees with me.

D&G was one of the worst collections of clothing ever produced. EVER. they should have left the street-urchin punk kid to Junya Watanabe, now THEY did it well (last season)

And Although Jill Sanders was pretty awsome, I just cant look past the fact that jill sander isnt even a part of it. Raf Simons really will take that brand to a whole new level, but come on, it is a stolen brand.

Best: Versace!!! Balenciaga, John Galliano.

Average: Chanel, Luca Luca, Heatherette, Betsey Johnson, Elie Saab

Worst: Marc Jacobs!!!! Christian Dior, Chloe, Dolce & Gabbana Most of the NY collections.

Best: Dior, John Galliano, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Louis Vuitton, Ann Demeulemeester, Vivienne Westwood Gold Label

Worst: Guy Laroche

Best:
Hussein Chalayan (Paris) - Sigh.
Alexander McQueen (Paris) - Duh.
Sabyashci (NYC) - Really fresh and unexpected.
Miron Schur (NYC) - Don't know why, but I really loved this show.
Elie Saab (Paris) - See above.
Preen (London I think) - Just plain cool.
Jovovich-Hawk (NYC) - Really girlie yet witty.
Akris (Milan) - White! :smile:

Worst:
Proenze Schouler (NYC) - Just plain disgusting. I can't see anything redeeming about this show.
Louis Vuitton/Marc Jacobs (Paris/NYC) - The man is soooo overrated.
Balenciaga (Paris) - Why Nicolas, why? Such a sad disappointment :(
Galliano (Paris)- I don't see the appeal at all.
Prada (Milan) - Just plain bad!
Viktor & Rolf (Paris) - Not the worst really, just disappointing to me.

I could go on for days but I'll stop now :smile:

Best:

Versace - I always have a soft spot for Versace and since this collection was of actual merit, I loved it even more. It had much more taste than recent collections.

Alexander McQueen - I love McQueen as he is a genius. An amazing collection full of ideas and beauty.

Christian Dior - I loved it for the fact that it had somewhat of a vintage Dior feel to it. And those cocktail and evening gowns were amazingly gorgeous!

John Galliano - Beautiful dresses and interesting use of fabrics. I also loved the hats!

Junya Watanabe - I loved everything! I want some of those jackets for myself even! ^_^

Worst:
Prada
Miu Miu
Louis Vuitton
Missoni

Runner-Ups:
Basso & Brooke
Michael Kors
Balenciaga (those leg armor pieces were great!)
Yohji Yamamoto

My overall favorite (and it seems like it was a popular favorite) was Alexander McQueen, of course. McQueen and Galliano were the most interesting collections of S/S 07. YSL was my favorite flower-themed collection and it felt the most "spring" to me. I absolutely loved Hussein Chalayan (the video was amazing!). It was definitely futuristic done right as opposed to Balenciaga. As for wearability, I liked Marc by Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors.

I can't pinpoint an absolute worst, but there were many letdowns this season.

Ten Best Looks of S/S '07

Post ten best looks (in your opinion) on the runway that truely represent S/S '07.

Alexander McQueen, Yves Saint Laurent and Hussein Chalayan were my favorites.

JPG was the worst.

this spring is all about mcqueen and vuitton...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->