The Best Outfits of 2009

LolaSvelt

Reaction score
Diane Kruger has had an excellent year, but for me, I don't think anything beats this Nina Ricci dress:

020209_kruger_200x400.jpg

This is my vote for the best outfit of the year!

Other Diane Kruger standouts:
diane-kruger.jpg

Diane Kruger in Marchesa (for making Marchesa not look generic, unlike most people who have also worn Marchesa).

8a23923364303e58_58687257.jpg

Diane Kruger in Balenciaga...I don't know why I love this outfit but I just do.

Anyway, other outfits that I loved...

Jennifer Connelly in Balmain (before the whole Balmania craze, Connelly looked amazing in this Spring 2009 dress:(
connelly.jpg

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Lanvin (this woman couldn't be any more underrated, I just love how well she pulled this dress off...imagine Paris Hilton wearing this? :sick::(
maggie_gyllenhaal_lanvin.jpg

One of my favourite candid looks of this year...I really don't care for Rihanna's style at the moment, but I really liked it earlier this year after the whole Chris Brown incident. Especially this look:
98fce4a5.jpg

I also loved this outfit from Sienna Miller:
article-1132985-03403CE3000005DC-365_468x719.jpg

timeinc, musicfameandfashion, fabsugar, style, couturesnob, celebrityfashiontips, dailymail

I'll post more soon. I hope to see a lot of replies!

Jennifer Connely in Balmain was STUNNING!!!!!

i have few pic saved and i try to post them later.

^^^ I adore all the looks you have chosen especially Diane in Nina Ricci

My favs of the year :heart:
I think Ashley looked absolutely sensational in this gorgeous white dress :wub: Everything was perfect: the hair, the make-up and this rick white colour

Camilla is a belle :heart: Always beautiful. Blue suits her so well, don't you think?

Dasha in Lanvin. Very simple look, but the dress is gorgeous and Dasha wears it very well

Diana always makes wonders with her dress. Whethewer she wears she always looks breathtaking. Love her hair and shoes and of course Christopher Kane's dress :heart:

Emma Roberts definitely the most stylish young girl in Hollywood for me. I fell in love with this look immediately when I saw it first :crush:

Little Hermione grown up in a gorgeous woman. This Burberry dress is fantastic, so as Emma

sources: hqcity.ru, tiffan.to

Last edited by a moderator:
LolaSvelt I completely agree with you on Diane's Nina Ricci look as one of the best of the year.

Great idea for a thread :flower:. I'm going to take some time later and sort through my favourite looks of 2009.

I could pick any random Diane look, I definitely agree on Jennifer in the green Balmain... and I have to refresh my memory to think of other favorites. Chloe Sevigny definitely will be one of my answers.

Liighton has been my girl crush since I first saw her as Blair. Unfortunately the end of the year has been awful for her style. But I chose this two look to show how gorgeous she can be, when she wears right clothes.
I know that not many people loved this Botega Venetta dress, but i find it just perfect :wub: And LV look is to die for :heart:

Ashley again. I think only she can pull of simpy grey sweater and white shorts so well and make it look like designers gown

Natasha Poly was the queen of Cannes this year :heart: Roberto Cavalli dress+ perfect hair and make-up = STUNNER!

Olivia is not only classic beauty, she also can make classic looks shine :heart:

No one can dress casual like Rachel Bilson. This year was fantastic and It was really hard for me to chose only two looks of this lovely girl. She is my inspiration when it comes for dailywear

sources: hqcity.ru, celebcity, stylesightsing

I loved Leighton's Bottega Veneta dress, too! She had a strong year for the most part. It's just the past few months with that awful makeup. :ninja:

Anyway some more from me.

For me, Lou Doillon is one of the best women! Here are some of her outfits that I loved from this year:

lou-doillon-1209-de.jpg

(in Nina Ricci...I usually hate red dresses and shoes together, but she makes it so unfussy that I don't care)

lou%20doillon%20cafemode%20streetstyle.JPG

Cate Blanchett also wore a red dress and shoes combination in vintage Ossie Clark and managed to make it not look matchy-matchy, as well:
cate-blanchett-in-ossie-clarke-by-fiora-sacco.jpg

Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte...perfect. The tights give it a casual look.
Rodarte-Spring-2010-runwa-003.jpg

Isn't this the most amazing picture ever?
http://i48.tinypic.com/2n71egy.jpg

harpersbazaar, handbag, zuma, cafemode, exshoesme, guardian, fashionologie

I think this thread would work better if everyone were limited to perhaps 5 outfits? Without limits it becomes "every outfit I liked this year" or "every outfit my favorite celebrity has worn this year" and we don't truly see the best of the best.

This is just a suggestion. I think the thread is a good idea.

I don't know what designer Audrey Tautou is wearing here, but she is so totally chic!
293.tautou.audrey.050609.jpg
mystyle.com
and I really loved how elegant Natalie Portman was at the Academy Awards.She really worked that beautiful pink Rodarte dress!
natalie-portman-1209-de.jpg

harpersbazaar.com

In this year i totally adore style of Jessica Stroup, she looks amazing for me at every event - beauty, adorable and chic

When it comes for casual daily clothes, i absolutely love almost everything outfits of Rachel Bilson - cute, simple, but glamorous

Megan Fox - she can looks gorgeous at premieres and casual at candids

jessicastroupfan.net, tlfan.to, Megan Fox Central

Blake Lively - girl can be sexy and pretty

I don't know what happend with Leighton Meester style lately, but i so in love in her recent outfit:

celebrity-paradise

I think this thread would work better if everyone were limited to perhaps 5 outfits? Without limits it becomes "every outfit I liked this year" or "every outfit my favorite celebrity has worn this year" and we don't truly see the best of the best.

I agree! way too many random candid pictures,which are a dime a dozen.Choose something special!:innocent:

It's more of an overview. I should've made that clearer. :flower: But I do agree about candids. I only chose those two because I thought they stood out for me.

It's more of an overview. I should've made that clearer. :flower: But I do agree about candids. I only chose those two because I thought they stood out for me.

Actually I don't even mind the candids since I'm not a big fan of red carpet gowns. I tend to prefer streetstyle. I really want to see only the cream of the crop of what everyone liked whether it was an outfit on the street or on a red carpet.

I'm still mulling over my favs.

I think Kate Bosworth in Rodarte was my fav outfit for the year. So chic and simple but oh so lovely :heart:.

credit: katebosworthonline

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back