The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

Looks like the time has come for me to announce the winner! This part never gets easier.
As usual, all of your entries have been absolutely impressive and I wish I could announce more than one winner, but since the rules won't allow me...

@cottonmouth13 you're a winner baby!!

Youre-A-Winner-baby-1475255215-1485187126.gif

Both of your entries were stellar, but the Backstage at Roseland covers got you this win. I feel like you so effortlessly captured the spirit of Vogue Italia we all loved and respected and I'm obsessed with your art direction and everything about those three covers! Excellent choices and taste. Congratulations! ♥ As for the rest of you, I won't start tagging all of the impressive entries but just know that I really loved everything you presented this week, thank you all for participating and having good taste unlike our real hot shot editors. Great job!
'Till next time x

Whoa. :shock: Thank you so much, @aracic! I share my win with all the members who participated. All your covers/entries were stunning. :flower:

For this week's new theme, I thought of something different and I feel like this has not been done before. Or has it? :lol: This week's new theme is...

Women of Marvel and DC Comics

I am a huge comic book fan aside from my love for fashion. And the reason I chose this is because I am so hyped for the upcoming X-Men storyline 'X of Swords' and I thought what if we put the ladies of Marvel and DC comics on our favorite magazine covers? Just a note though: You cannot use the actresses who portrayed some of the characters in the film adaptations. Only the comic book characters. Made some sample covers below for your reference.

Hope you like this theme and I look forward to seeing your entries!

X-Men Ladies by Yasmine Putri, Jean Grey by Stanley Artgerm Lau & Catwoman by Gabrielle Dell'Otto; comicburst
VI X Ladies 1-min.jpg VI X Ladies 1-a-min.jpg
Vogue Italia Jean Grey 2-min.jpg Vogue Paris Catwoman-min.jpg

Wintour is Coming gives me this kind of energy:
EIGYY4GU0AEvYD7.jpg

And I'm here for that. :rofl:

Thank you so much for this round! :heart: ... I've been waiting forever to use his watercolors.

Entry #1
X-Men girls by Kevin Wada

xcover1.jpg

xcover2.jpg

Fold Out:

xcover3.jpg

xcover4.jpg

Fold Out:

xcover5.jpg

Jean Grey and Emma Frost by Kevin Wada

xcover6.jpg

kevinwada.tumblr.com

Oh, God. I totally forgot about the announcement of the winner for this week's round. My apologies.

Everyone who joined did a great job with their entries. Had fun looking at them and I also wished that Vogue would be open to the idea of doing a collaboration with Marvel and/or DC for a cover special. Well, one can dream. :smile:

And so, without further ado, this round's winner is you...

@Legolas!!!

The covers you made give the perfect mix of fashion and comics. All the X Ladies are working it! They look so glamorous. It's like they really enjoyed some time off from mutant duties to look and feel their best on those covers. Great job!

Thank you so much! :flower: ... I'm thrilled to win with all these other cool options! :bounce:

I think we usually see the same old legendary faces oooooover and over again in this thread... and that's great! , but I think we can also try stepping outside the comfort zone for while :lol:....soooo, the next challenge will be:

First Vogue Cover Ever

Remember the first time Luna Bijl was introduced as a cover girl to the world? Back in 2016, being August's issue of Vogue Paris her first cover ever? The girl already had some major runway/editorial background under her belt ... but was mostly unknown to the masses.

Similar case, but more radical: Lulu Tenney. September 2016, completely unknown to the fashion world, and introduced for the first time ever by Meisel in a Vogue Italia cover. Now, a rising star.

I want to see you guys doing the same, using your personal underground stars... the photo doesn't necessarily has to be from a famous photographer, as long as the picture itself and the girl or boy you are using has star potential.

Please, surprise us with someone completely new to Vogue, 100% fresh, give to a new face you like her/his first Vogue cover ever. It can be a runway regular like Luna's case, or a completely new face no one has ever seen like Lulu, right off his/her development book from your favorite agency.

The Je Ne Sais Quoi factor of your personal choice will be crucial to win the challenge. To help you guys checking out for some cool newbies, here you have this very helpful instagram account to look around :P:

instagram.com/modelsdiscoveri

You can also check models.com Hot Lists , there are plenty girls and boys over there who already deserve their big Vogue cover debut and have not had it yet :judge: :

MODELS.com's The Hot List

MODELS.com's The Hot List (Men)

Remember to also look for the development books of your favorite agencies' websites, sometimes you can find some really nice hidden gems over there... that would be very interesting.

Good luck everyone! :magic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->