The Etc Etc of Perfumes & Fragrances

Nemova

-
Reaction score
I searched everywhere on tFS for a thread dedicated exclusively to perfume tips and facts and since I couldn't find one I decided I should make one myself. :magic: Here we could discuss fragrances, exchange tips and links to interesting websites and talk about the history of perfumes.

My first contribution is the link to a wonderful website called OsMoz (http://www.osmoz.com/index_menu.asp). I go there whenever I want to know more about a perfume I intend to buy or about the ones I already have.

Right now I'm undecided about this Ted Lapidus perfume called Silk Way. Has any of you ever used it? How is it like? Is it any good?

Great thread and link to website :clap:

I'm going to House of Fraser tommorow (a department store in the UK) and am going to go and have a smell of the new perfumes. I really want to smell MJ Daisy! I could spend a whole day in the perfume dept. sniffing perfumes :crush:

Ugh! I could spend a whole day smelling fragrances aswell.

If someone has got a new fragrance, I'll be like "Ohh that smells lovley" and they'll say "you've got it?" and then I'll just sound a complete fool. :lol:

Anyway, great link :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
just got mandarina duck the other day, sort of classy-generic but nice and fresh. my favorite is artisan parfumer red pepper, but it doesn't last long. their white pepper is nice too, very sandalwood-y.

Today I have my eyes on Paul Smith's Story.

r4srparf4900118842mf4.jpg

(paulsmith.co.uk)

Has any of you ever used it or smelled it? Is it any good?

I have smelt it. It is really quite nice.

I wouldn't buy it for myself, but if I smelt it on someone else, I'd be like "Oh thats lovley"

^Good to know! ^_^

You've got an interesting point there. Until a couple of months ago I wouldn't wear perfumes because of my allergies and because I never felt comfortable using anything with a strong fragrance, but one day I realised that wearing perfume isn't something that you do only for yourself; it's for others as well. People might sit close to me or pass by and it's nice to smell really good and have people comment on it. And of course it's always a plus to feel good because of a great perfume - whenever I wear Dior Me, Dior Me Not I feel like I'm the best smelling person in the whole world. :lol:

my favorite fragrance ever is "In Love Again" by Yves St Laurent, but it's a limited edition they only release it every who knows how many years. Next time, I'm buying out the stock. :innocent:

^Same. I haven't really looked into Dior perfumes that much, except for the obvious Cherie, J'adore etc, but I'm definately going to now

I just looked into them, and there is an awful lot! Some look fabulous!

The Christmas edition one, looks like it would smell quite nice =]

For my upcoming birthday, I am thinking of using at LEAST $100 on cologne (or maybe even some perfumes, too). What are some suggestions for things I should buy?

hmm...I will have a look at what my brother has to see for you ( I don't know much about male scents)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->