The Etc Etc of Perfumes & Fragrances

^I didn't like No. 19 either not because I found it old fashioned - in fact, I rather like old fashioned scents like Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Le Parfume De Therese etc - but because I just couldn't get over the bitter note in it.

I don't love No. 5, despite the fact that I generally tend to like or even love aldehydes. I can't describe why, but I just wasn't wowed by it.

^ I quite like vintage stuff too, but No. 19 -- that mix of bitter dryness and powder -- has always seemed quite stuffy and fussy to me. It smells mean and spiteful.

with all the hype and iconic status surrounding chanel no.5, i was expecting something bit different from what i perceived. than again, im just not a fan of the old iconic french perfumes, that includes shalimar and mitsuko as well.
overall i don't like premium french niche perfumeries from the likes of frederic malle and le labo, despite they are touted to be very high quality perfumes. so i was rather surprised to find i enjoy majority of the scents from l'artisan, which to my nose is lighter but still unique.

any other recommendations if i like light, fresh but still woody/musky scents? i find i tend to like alcohol/cocktail smelling scents haha.

Has anyone tried Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey? I'm thinking of getting it for Spring/Summer this year but I'm not sure if I'll like it.

^i havent tried it...or so i think. personally i find jo malone's scents quite forgettable so i probably dont even remember if i did or not. why don't you have a look on fragrantica? i always use that site to get a vague sense what a scent will smell like, and what others think.

This one is going to be my next, I love it!:shock:

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire
guerlainlapetiterobenoireeaudeparfum300.jpg

notanotherpoppie.blogspot.com

Hey perfumes lovers !
I don't know if this is the right thread to discuss it but anyway... Louis Vuitton will be launching its first fragrance in September:

Les Parfums Louis Vuitton - A journey that begins on bare skin

Since its founding, the Maison Louis Vuitton has always been inspired by far flung destinations and driven to accompany voyagers wherever they travel.

Metaphorically, travel is not a destination: it is a feeling that constantly nourishes body and soul, a new experience that can make your heart skip, leaving an everlasting memory.

The savoir-faire of Les Parfums Louis Vuitton:
Master perfumer Jacques Cavallier Belletrud, a native of Grasse, the birthplace of both perfume and leather craftsmanship, spent months travelling the world in search of inspiration. Breathing the fragrance of exotic places and rare materials, he created Les Parfums Louis Vuitton: a journey of emotions.

Les Parfums Louis Vuitton: available from September 2016.
louisvuitton.com

I'm really excited to smell that !

I'm considering buying another flanker from the A*men 'pure' line by Thierry Mugler. I've already got Pure Wood and Shot. I'm in doubt between Pure Coffee (had it a few years ago, but it got stolen :doh:) and Pure Tonka (which smells more like Pure Licorice on me, not necessarily a bad thing though). Choices, choices..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Len84
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->