The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

haha I'm guessing its face and body put into smaller bottles too! thanks for the input everyone! appreciate it! :wink:

Im considering investing in a good finishing veil/powder....are they worth it?

Ive tested a few of the silica based ones on the back of my hands and yes they feel lovely and smooth, i cant help but feels its just "another product" that i really dont need.

Can anyone swear by them or give any recs?

I absolutely ADORE this new foundation from Bourjois, Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.:heart:
New-Healthy-Mix-Gel-Foundation-and-Healthy-Glow-Foundation-by-Bourjois-products.jpg

makeup4all.com

It's really light, no mask effect, light-medium coverage and smells divine. I haven't seen any foundation that would actually smell like fruit.:D

oooh gel sounds interesting...what kind of skin do you have Isa? ^

Normal I'd say. In winter sometimes even dry, but it's normal most of the year. :D

mmm i have slightly oily skin...ive been told to stay away from anything gel based, which was surprising!

I shall trot over today and have a lookie :smile:

Hey! ^^ I'm looking for a good primer but not too expensive. Anyone got an idea?

Nars is super expensive though :(
I'd go with L'oreal primer for a cheap one. Does the job just fine :flower:

I don't think it's that expensive and the quality is amazing. Plus, it lasts forever.

Hi guys! So I tried the MAC studio fix fluid foundation and while it gives me great coverage it is making my acne-prone skin break out even more :( So I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a foundation that will give me good coverage (buildable), won't make me break out, and isn't that expensive. i was using the lancome mineral foundation before and I loved it but I'm not sure if I want to spend $40+ on a foundation since I'm already being bribed by my sister to drive all the way to the mall to return it and that is kinda emptying my bank account :P or any other suggestions for a foundation since mineral foundation is sometimes a hassle to deal with.

^Use concealer on your spots instead of foundation. Then you don't clog up your whole face every time you need to go out. Every foundation will clog your pores. Concealer will too, but at least you don't need to put that much on.

can anyone help me id those products on the desk? please! :D thank you!
image source: FTV youtube

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 29
^You're welcome :lol: Now the question is which one is it...Luminous Silk or Lasting Silk foundation? My guess is the first :D

I'm thinking it is the luminous silk too. But when I watch tutorials on youtube of people putting this on, its not as dewy as it is on lily in the picture. :lol:

The mascara on the left (with the silver top) looks like Givenchy Penomen'eyes to me.

I'm thinking it is the luminous silk too. But when I watch tutorials on youtube of people putting this on, its not as dewy as it is on lily in the picture. :lol:
That's because she's wearing a cream highlighter... Probably MACC CCB in Pearl. I have a creme-to-powder highlighter (Dewy All Over Radiance Creme) from Jemma Kidd that looks just like it, it's called Iced Gold...£17 for 10 g while MAC CCB in Pearl is £13.50 for 3.2 g. I can def. recommend the Jemma Kidd highlighter, it lasts all day on me. I can send you a pic if you want!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->