The Hair "Down There"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also having Brazilian done once a month. It's been 2 years now. I prefer waxing with stripes, this new method without stripes, where they pull off only wax, hurts like hell (seriously, I was about to die out)!:ninja: It's also much more expensive.:huh:

I agree with you, the strips are much less painful. Ripping just the wax off absolutely kills because the beautician never seems to get a strong enough grip. I always ask for the strips now

^ How was the first time? I'm still nervous about it.

I have to be honest, the first time was pretty painful.

The first few times hurt, but after that the pain was minimal - so minimal that I would talk to people on speaker phone and tell them I was painting my nails. :ninja:

Most of the process just produces a feeling of discomfort; there is only a small area that hurts and as long as you don't go too long between waxes you can avoid pain in that area, ime.

lovelili, what products do you prefer for doing it at home?

I've tried a few brands and the one I prefer is Surgi-Wax Brazilian Wax Kit. The kits with strips hurt too much. I thought I had poor technique, so I went to a professional who also used strips - it was even more painful. :doh:

After showering, I apply a light dusting of baby powder. I work in small sections, but I apply the wax to more than one section at a time with spaces in between. Picture a picket fence. Then I just pull the strips off one by one as the wax gets tacky (don't let the strips dry).

Use baby oil or whatever oil you have handy to remove any wax stuck to your skin. Use 409 or Clorox bathroom spray to remove any bits of wax that may have dried onto the bathroom floor.

I like to use Prince Reigns serum after waxing and for the following week or so. The combination of waxing and this serum have completely eliminated the irritation and ingrown hairs I had when shaving.

So in everyones opinion are strips better then just the wax for the first time? (sorry to be Miss 21 questions)

I prefer waxing with stripes, this new method without stripes, where they pull off only wax, hurts like hell (seriously, I was about to die out)!:ninja:
I'm totally taking this back!:woot: Yesterday I had an appointment with one girl who works at home and she is doing Brazilian without stripes. The wax is called Perron Rigot and it really hurts less, there is also no redness. Actualy it doesn't hurt at all!:woot: It does take a bit longer, but I don't mind. It seems it really depends on the wax, my previous experiences with this method were absolutely horrible.

^ I really think it matters on the type of wax and the competency of the person doing it! I've had good and bad experiences with no-strip wax but I put the bad one down to the wax not being hot enough and the beautician being the worst person I've ever gotten a wax from in my life :judge:

Oh wow, I just had the worst bikini wax experience ever today. I went to this new place and I don't think I've ever been in so much pain from a wax ever :shock:. I have a couple of patches where she took off my skin, and still a few hairs left. I wanted to cry during it, it was that bad, and I have a pretty high pain threshold I think. The wax was all wrong and she looked about 16, she can't have been qualified. And it cost nearly double the amount I usually pay. Double ouch :cry:

I once had a similar experience. The lady was old and not really nice. And I was laying there for ONE HOUR! She really took her time with this light down there, I felt like she was dissecting me. I was so embarassed, not to mention that it looked hideous.:ninja:

Chichina, try to apply Bepanthen or something for faster healing and if you start to peel just leave it, don't do any scrubs it can get even worse.
:flower:

Oh dear, I hope you haven't been traumatised by that experience, many of my friends have told me horror stories of their first times and it keeps putting off :(

Thank you, I put some healing cream on it which really helped. Your lady sounded awful Isa! One hour?? That actually is torture, mine looked hideous too. The good ones are quick and they don't go over the same patch over and over. It wasn't my first, but if it was I would be waaay too traumatised to ever do it again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->