The 'Hat' Thread

SJPdeux said:
I forgot to mention budgetary constraints :gulps
The boutique around the corner from Sloane Sq tub-station is not cheap..but I'd go there for the sheer inspiration all the same..:flower:

Too bad you weren't wanting crazy old-fashioned hats for personal use! I make stuff like that upon occasion. Below you will see my silliest hat to date :smile:

whimsyclosetop.jpg

As You Like It said:
Too bad you weren't wanting crazy old-fashioned hats for personal use! I make stuff like that upon occasion. Below you will see my silliest hat to date :smile:

whimsyclosetop.jpg

You could make me a fetishy/kinky inspired one for my personal use....give us a pm.

heynicepants said:
It would really be fun to make your own! :woot:

It shouldn't be that complicated if you gather the materials, but if you're not up for that, i'd suggest some themed stores that perhaps may carry the meshy face veils, i quite like them actually.

Straightaway I know that when it comes to arts and crafts you would piss me out of the boat (colliqualism at its best) - My skills lie plainly in the ideas factory and purchase capacity!

search under gothic lolita as well...possibly in trendspotting...
i remember some websites from japan which sold very adorable and odd little hats...
not really familiar..but they will be listed there...

Fedoras

Does anyone know where to get a fedora of good quality? I was looking at some on ebay but its kind of hard to buy hats without trying them on.

I found some at Bloomies and this store in the Beverly Center called Up Against the wall. I bought a nice orange tweed one.

Probably at vintage shops, though I personnally don't like fedoras.

I actually bought two a while back from ravinstyle since they weren't expensive and thought they were charming.

The designer is ChaCha's House of Ill Repute:
http://www.ravinstyle.com
I can't get a direct link to the fedoras, but they are at this site. ^_^

Some results of the hat hunt...

davidalexandre.jpg

This is one of the two feather hats I managed to purchased from a Millner that sells off a stall in Camden. This one had a lot more height and I will try and upload more pics as I get them.

I'll have soon similiar one , just two euros for trift store. But , om , I'm not going to wear it.

Summer Hat

Okay I need a big floppy sun hat preferably straw but tightly woven. But I can't seem to find any. Also I don't want to spend a fortune on it. Thanks:flower:

I'm looking for one too /: Ebay might be the way to go, since we don't have tons to spend. I like trying things on before I buy though, even hats..

I've seen them at a JC Penny's outlet before, and at K-Mart and Wal-Mart before. It really shouldn't be too hard of an item to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->