The Hobbit

^Thank you. Makes me want to read the book, can´t really remember which dwarf did what...

I'm am so excited to see this movie (but why do we have to wait a whole year???)! To be back in middle earth for another 2 or so hours is such a treat! Thanks for sharing the breakdown of The Hobbit trailer, Littlepaperstars. :flower:

^well i believe Peter Jackson is just sticking to tradition. All LOTR movies came out in December

tumblr_lwvscbswBH1r92dq8

tumblr_lwvu5jEkod1r92dq8

tumblr_lwvuenDN5H1r92dq8

dirarmaestro.tumblr

Glad that it's finally coming out, but just never really cared for The Hobbit... Now if they were to announce that The Silmarillion were to be attempted to into a trilogy by the trio of Peter, Fran and Philippa, I would be squealing like a tween girl at the premier of some Twilight opening.

Recent news: Peter Jackson announced that the Hobbit would be a trilogy instead of 2 films.

From his facebook:
So, without further ado and on behalf of New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wingnut Films, and the entire cast and crew of “The Hobbit” films, I’d like to announce that two films will become three.

^hmm... It´s my favorite book from the saga but I don´t think three movies are necessary :/

^ Me either but Jackson said to get his full vision of the book out he needs to expand to three movies. I trust him so we'll see. I can't wait til December to see the first one!

I don't think we could ever doubt Peter Jackson and the love that he has for Tolkien's work... If he thinks his vision is best suited to a trilogy well then I'd back that decision 100%.

Peter Jackson did such an amazing job with The Lord of the Rings trilogy. If he thinks that The Hobbit would work best as a trilogy as well, I trust his decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely trust Peter Jackson's judgement as well, LotR are still among my all-time favourite films :heart: plus, don't they include something from another Tolkien book as well? I thought I read somewhere it's not just The Hobbit that they're adapting...

^ i remember reading something like that a long time ago too! I'd forgotten until you brought it up.

I definitely trust Peter Jackson's judgement as well, LotR are still among my all-time favourite films :heart: plus, don't they include something from another Tolkien book as well? I thought I read somewhere it's not just The Hobbit that they're adapting...

They are adding things from appendices (from LOTR).

Last edited by a moderator:
^ooh, that´s gonna be so interesting :smile:
now it makes more sense, I was fearing that the pace was gonna be too slow if they´re splitting only TH in 3 movies...

They are adding things from appendices (from LOTR).

Apparently, by digging into the appendices, they're able to expand and enrich The Hobbit: So, events like what Gandalf was up to when he disappears from Bilbo and the Dwarfs are shown; Ragadast's investigation of disturbing events that lead to the investigations of the return of the Necromancer: and action sequences in The Hobbit that are only but a few sentences are expended into full action sequences. I think that should be interesting and much less flat than Tolkien's original words.

I never liked Tolkien's storytelling when it came to the action sequences. They were bland. Peter and company made those action sequences exciting. I remember reading LOTR, and the way in which Gandalf simply gave up to Saruman and allowed himself to be lead tot he top of Orthanc was a huge letdown-- and lazy storytelling. I loved Peter, Philipa and Fran's version of that confrontation-- that Gandalf put up a valiant fight despite being inferior to Saruman's skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->