The hunt for good work clothes

invertedpanda

Reaction score
Ok, I always have a hard time finding good clothes that fit me properly. I'm a professional web/graphic designer (plus a few other technical job titles), so I like to maintain a sense of style when I walk into work.

I like button down shirts with a snug fit in the mid torso/waist area (I'm a size small, and a number of smalls don't quite fit me as I'd like), and low-rise bootcut or flared leg pants (bootcut would be prefered for work). I'm a rather scrawny guy - I usually wear 29s or 30s in the waist.

Darker colors suit me better, and contrast appeals to my aesthetic taste. Pinstriping rocks. Wine red, blue/navy blue, black, white, and chocolate look good on me as dominant colors.

If you have any recommendations as to online stores I could hit, I'd appreciate it. There just aren't many great stores in the surrounding area, and I can't really afford to travel just to get some clothes (I don't have a car).

The big limit: Pricing. I'm NOT rich by any stretch of the imagination. I'll have about 120 bucks here pretty soon (selling my iPod), hopefully, and that is my shopping budget. I'd like to AT LEAST be able to get a good shirt and a good pair of pants using that, but I'd definitely prefer more (I can get Express 1MX shirts for 20 bucks a pop right now, which fit me somewhat ok).

Hmm, your budget makes for a challange. Perhaps your best bet would be to buy things within your budget that fit you ok and have them altered by a tailor so that they fit you just right.

I would say Ebay maybe? But I guess it's hard for you to find out about the sizing and the fit if you don't know much about the brand. (well I guess same as any online store too then) You can use the thread Yay or Nay thread in the "Shop till you drop" also.

For low rise/bootcut pants, I like Levi's cords and Levi's 517. I got my pair of vintage 517 at the secondhand store for $10 and a pair of Levi's bootcut cords for $30 at the outlet store. I am sure you can find a lot of them on Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishyloverr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->