The Interior Decor Thread! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

faust

Reaction score
Hey, all. With Bear's permission, I would like to start an interior design thread! Even though this is a fashion forum, I beleive that design is one, and fashion is a subdivision of it. Others subdivisions include architecture, interior design, industrial design, and so on and so on. I think that philosophy behind design unites these, and I have found that many people who are into fashion love it because of the design aspect, because it represents not only a material object, but an object, and moreover an expression, of beauty, quality, craftmanship, involvement and care. The same is present in interior design. So, without further adue, I am starting this thread (oh, yea, and I am also decorating my new apartment, so it's a hot topic for me :lol: ). This is the thread to share your favorite interior design pieces, your favorite designers, your most wanted, most admired, your wish-lists and must-haves.

Today I found an incredible lighting piece which I will probably get for our living room. It is made by a Dutch designer Frans Van Nieuwenborg, and I was in awe of its beauty-in-simplicity. All it is is a piece of fabric that covers a light bulb, but it provides an airy romantic effect. Here is a picture.

delightmain.jpg

faust...excellent....i was actually going to suggest this to you upon seeing the recent exchanges btw you and runner...i think this is a great addition to the board!...

thank you very much... i will add my contributions as we go along...certainly... :flower: :flower:

i love that faust. it's beautiful. :blush:

i can never decide on a style. when i have my own place, it's gonna be a complete mix. minimalism & shabby chic. :heart:

i love sleek, clean, elegant lines. but then i love intricate kinda fussy furniture too.
grrr. :doh:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:15 pm
faust...excellent....i was actually going to suggest this to you upon seeing the recent exchanges btw you and runner...i think this is a great addition to the board!...

thank you very much... i will add my contributions as we go along...certainly... :flower: :flower:
cool! B)

Awesome Idea! Interior design is one of my favorite aspects of design. I love modern, minimalist, yet retro and classic interiors. If you are interested in modern architecture and interior design I recommend highly the magazine Dwell. It is by far my favorite magazine. :heart:

Originally posted by Christopher31@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:41 pm
Awesome Idea! Interior design is one of my favorite aspects of design. I love modern, minimalist, yet retro and classic interiors. If you are interested in modern architecture and interior design I recommend highly the magazine Dwell. It is by far my favorite magazine. :heart:
I'll check it out, thanks. Have you every looked at a Dutch magazine called Frame? It's my favorite.

I love interior design!
We're in a process of buying a loft which we have to renovate and decorate so I'm excited about this thread :woot:

My favourite style is scandinavian modern - I love wood, metal and white surfaces.

I'd love to have the ball chair by Aarnio

ball03_zoom.jpg

and more realistically the Aalto vase

8aa.jpg

Also, I'm in love with most of the stuff iittala makes. :heart:

This is going into our bedroom (and no, I did not pay retail for it :P ). Romeo S2 lamp by Philippe Starck for Flos.

5135_romeo_moon_s2.jpg

im not much into that whole ultra modern furniture and accessory thing.
im an antique freak!
it figures why my house is all maroon and silver and dark wood and bright yellow lights with selfdesign white fabrics.
:heart:

YAyayayayayay!!!!

Something I adore.....

I'll see if I can get my stupid camera back from my stepdad...hes being an *** and says I cant take pics :angry: ....

As soon as I can I will take pics of my house. :heart: ....

I think there's an extremely old topic on THE SPOT somewhere ... you'd love it, guys!
I remember I did!

Just ordered this lamp (last one in the Unites States in the small size) from Ligne Roset!

fantomes.jpg

Originally posted by faust@Jun 10th, 2004 - 10:13 am
Just ordered this lamp (last one in the Unites States in the small size) from Ligne Roset!

fantomes.jpg
excellent piece!

my favorite designer is Shiro Kuramata.
here is his lamp which goes by the name of "Oba Q" ( something ghostly )

Attachments

• shiro6.jpg
    shiro6.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 28
Shiro's masterpiece "How High The Moon"

Attachments

• hhm.jpg
    hhm.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 55
Originally posted by saad@Jun 4th, 2004 - 9:05 pm
im not much into that whole ultra modern furniture and accessory thing.
im an antique freak!
it figures why my house is all maroon and silver and dark wood and bright yellow lights with selfdesign white fabrics.
:heart:
Same here. I'm off to assemble some pictures of styles that I like. :flower:

i love those light fixtures. my home is more classic/fussy furniture but i really love it :heart: . My kitchen is by Clive Christian, my closets by California Closets. but alot of my furniture is by Horchow & some Oscar de Larenta furniture :heart: & then anitques & flea market finds. I also have many things from travels to everywhere :wacko: which gives a eclectic look. Im really in love with my home right now :wub:

example:

Attachments

• Browse_X4P40_01.jpg
    Browse_X4P40_01.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 213
This is really similar to the style of chandelier that I recently got for my room.

Attachments

• style.jpg
    style.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare