The Interior Decor Thread! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ida I am the complete opposite :lol: I love big couches with 20 pillows and a few throws and useless furniture covering the room, I love art all over the walls and personal photographs. And I love neutral colours but using lots of accessories to make the room 'pop'.

I actually don't think I could live in a house that is Scandinavian minimalist. I'd feel like I was in a mental institution and I wouldn't know where to keep all of my 'stuff' too. Personally I find that style a bit stark and boring.

I am not American but it seems like having lots of useless furniture is a very American thing, big cars, big houses, big furniture, big hamburgers etc.

Its funny how taste changes SO MUCH from one person to the next but I suppose it keeps life interesting :flower:
I know! It's super fascinating really. There are pros and cons about everything, and a Scandinavian minimalist apartment can feel like a hospital with all the white and simplicity, while an "American" apartment can feel stuffed and crammed.

I think the middle road is the way to go. I do like Scandinavian minimalism, but I still like a splash of colour. For instance my sofa is blue, the art on the walls is mostly blue/green etc. And if you want to stuff a bunch of furniture into a room it should be in light colours/the same colour scheme so the room doesn't feel crammed.

Other than that...I must admit that I hate bright coloured walls no matter how you decorate the room. I have never seen it work except in children's rooms :D I remember that I had lavender blue walls and hot pink drawers when I was 5 - my room rocked :lol:

I just moved into a new room and it's HUGE and bright and empty but I have no idea what I want to do with it. I'm going to spend the easter holidays searching for inspiration. :heart:

Bought and found a few cool things for my new place today..:heart: (yep, i've moved yet again. :innocent:)

Antlers...found and washed it and it looks like this now..

wild sheep horns..

Old crate.. also found.. :woot:

bought these ceramic milk cartons..couldn't resist..:heart: i don't know if they're supposed to hold milk/cream but i'm going to use them as vases i think..

^I think they would be vases, and they are so clever and cute. I really like the pieces you've chosen.

I was given tons of nick knacks when I was little and loved them, they filled my room but now I hate them. I love minimalism, simple, soft and clean. Sort of Pottery Barn type minimalism though. Jill Stuart house and the photos Party Vixen posted are a dream for me. Not sure how that would work with small children but it's lovely.

I had bright purple walls and a neon green,yellow and pink bedspread and Disney posters when I was 8. Loved it! ^_^

Great stuff adorefaith - Im in the process of moving so when we've settled in I'll have reason to go interior shopping :D

^Thanks hanne. Sounds great...i love your taste..please share pics when you have time.. and happy moving :woot:

Jalouse April '10 - Vanessa Traina's West Village Apartment

dayzebook

This chair! :heart:
wckc3b.png

Cropped image from same source

^ it's certainly interesting. the vegetarian in me hopes that they aren't real antlers.

^I'd say they probably are :wink:... but deer and elk shed their antlers.. so the vegetarian in you doesn't really need to worry, they (most likely) aren't being harmed for them..:flower:

Yeah, I've always had the vague understanding that antlers were naturally shed but I've never actually looked into it. I just googled it and it does seem that most antlers used for commercial/decorative purpose really do shed naturally, because to amputate the horns without killing the animal is a really risky procedure that requires a lot of skill and effort, and it takes about a year for the antlers to grow to full size anyway, at which point they fall off naturally.

adorefaith i love your buys... so amazing! i'm always ebaying for antlers (haha, this sounds so strange) but i never have much luck. how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks june! :heart: do you mean the antlers or the sheep horns? the antlers i found, actually. i live in an area with lots of deer and elk....and they naturally shed. i just cleaned them up a bit. the wild sheep horns i bought.. they were on sale for $9 each and i bought 3. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->