Fashion Designers & Home Interiors

It's hard with rugs to make them 'great'. Its almost as thou they need to be taken to a new extreme - of which I have no idea what it would be .... I loved some Titannia's posting but for example the Paul Smith looks so much like what is already out there. Perhaps I just need to see it in person - or would it be a repeat of the Ann Dem table situation.

Ralph Lauren Home is certainly a flagrant attempt at empire building - sheets, rugs, towels, wall paint... the name becomes a brand, then explodes into every area of manufacture. :shock: It's just too much imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
CCP's take on "rug".
I got to see it in person. it was great.
you can use it as a belt as well, if you dare.

belt rug
Carol Christian poell S/S 06

ss06ccpvm1.jpg

of course they did rug belts then

ss06ccpbeltskf6.jpg

minorityrev

OMG runner!...
that is so COOL!...how clever...

i love it!
:heart:...

thanks for posting!..
:flower:

you're welcome
and thanks to gius, softgrey, mods

CCP A/W 06 "sofa"

it was so hard. it's like sitting on some smooth rock though.

dsc01505zh8.jpg

courtesy minorityrev

Ralph Lauren Home is certainly a flagrant attempt at empire building - sheets, rugs, towels, wall paint... the name becomes a brand, then explodes into every area of manufacture. :shock: It's just too much imo.

this line, like much of his clothing is very mainstream at this point..
while the stuff may not always be the most fashion-forward, business-wise it is pretty genius and like you said, another way to expand his empire..

the paint in my room is by ralph lauren..
it is sort of a soft metallic gold color that actually looks really great, and it was the only color like it out there
at least i couldn't find paint by any other company that came close to what i wanted in the same way..

many of these other designers only go after specific markets while there's sort of something for everyone when it comes to ralph lauren..
some may put that down, but he's laughing all the way to the bank..

love all those posts, runner thanks for sharing :P the belt and the hand, such a cool idea

Are designs by Armani and Ralph Lauren also priced like their clothing?

glad you like them gius

the gate, walls, ceiling, table, chairs, etc. all by richard stark (chrome hearts)
nishizaki.co.jp

chrome01jp2.jpg

chrome02lx7.jpg

those are lovely runner...
i found this on the mina perhonen website...

Fabrics by minä perhonen are released from a Danish textile maker, Kvadrat.
fabirics.jpg

ikatflower.jpg

tambourine_bigflower.jpg
"tambourine"、"Ikat flower"
The Egg x "Ikat flower"
The Swan x "tambourine"、curtain "Big flower"
"tambourine"

The embroidered "tambourine" is one of the standard pattern of minä perhonen. This pattern is embroidered onto two kinds of fabrics, "Hallingdal" and "Lazio," which will be released with 15 colour variations in total.
"Ikat flower"

The fabric is made using a weaving technique, ikat ("kasuri" in Japanese) which is often used to make minä perhonen fabirics, and a flower pattern is printed onto it. The colour variation is mint colour background with yellow flower pattern and light blue with red flower pattern.
"Big flower"

When the fabric is hanged as a curtain, you will see one big flower print – this fabric is named "Big flower." It is printed on polyester known as Travira CS, which has a big share in interior market not just in Denmark but also in Europe and America. Only navy flower on white background is available for this fabric.
Following items are available at ACTUS shops in Japan.

Collaboration between Danish furniture manufactuer Fritz Hansen and minä perhonen.
"The Egg," "The Swan, "Seven Chair" designed by Arne Jacobsen dressed in minä perhonen fabrics.

The Egg

egg_angel.jpg

egg_sunnyrain.jpg

egg_tambourine.jpg
"tambourine" yellow
794,000 yen "tambourine" gray
806,000 yen "pacific" gray
806,000 yen "angel" blue
794,000 yen "sunny rain" beige
782,000 yen The Swan

swan_angel.jpg

swan_tambourine.jpg

swan_pacific.jpg
"tambourine" yellow
480,000 yen "tambourine" gray
487,000 yen "pacific" gray
487,000 yen "angel" blue
480,000 yen "sunny rain" beige
473,000 yen Seven Chair

"tambourine" yellow
128,000 yen "tambourine" gray
131,000 yen "pacific" gray
131,000 yen "sunny rain" beige
126,000 yen Above chairs are available at minä perhonen flagship shop in Tokyo, eu in Osaka, and ACTUS

Chair designed by Akira Minagawa. The round back part can be taken off and the fabric can be changed with seasons and your moods. The chair is manufactured by Tendo co.,Ltd. in Yamagata prefecture and the grooves on the legs are carved by artisan of kokeshi (Japanese traditional wooden doll). Seating face is available in wood or padding with fabric.

perhonen_chair.jpg

Designed by
Akira Mingawa(minä perhonen) Production by
Tendo co.,Ltd.
Available fabrics
"sunny rain" beige
126,000yen "happa" brown *
128,000yen (seating face padding 148,000yen) "tambourine" gray *
126,000yen (seating face padding 141,000yen) "tambourine" olive
126,000yen "multistraipe" blue
127,000yen "multistraipe" orange
127,000yen "angel" blue
127,000yen "hana tile"
127,000yen *tax not included

Available at minä perhonen flagship shop in Tokyo and ACTUS in Japan.

thanks softgrey
oddly enough I was thinking of that wood chair last night.
but so tired that I went to bed instead of posting

some more chrome hearts
courtesy hf

ch01ej5.jpg

ch1np3.jpg

ch00vr1.jpg

maurizio altieri (cdiem)
a seat made of steel and leather

my scan from the world of interiors (thanks to softgrey)

10eme18ii4.jpg

you'd lay it this way and sit down
(the one in the pic seems to be the small version)

minorityrev.com

glovechairem9.jpg

^wow..looks like something from a magritte painting :P

some stuff from "fendi casa"

miamidesigndistrict.net
robbreportluxuryhome.com
latimes.com

Attachments

• 113020061330024008.jpg
    113020061330024008.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 221
  • asset_upload_file938_8621.jpg
    asset_upload_file938_8621.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 30964980.jpg
    30964980.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 6
old news, but good news for this home designer 'encyclopaedia' :P

kenzotakada200509021107xm2.jpg

Kenzo Takada
© AFP Pierre Verdy

PARIS (AFP) - Working under his new label "Gokan Kobo," or "workshop of the five senses," the 66-year old designer unveiled his new universe of tableware, home objects and furniture at the "Maison et Objet" trade show in Paris on Friday.

Takada will also present a small line of clothes "for casual activities and traveling, that are easy to wear," in a limited showing during the presentation of the Paris ready-to-wear collections in early October, the designer told AFP.

He announced his intention to open a store in Paris before the end of 2006 to show the entire Gokan Kobo collection.

"When I stopped working five years ago, I went on vacation, I rested, I traveled. And when I decided to work again, I told myself it would be in decoration" more than fashion, he said.

viwejapanesekenzotakadakq0.jpg

View of Japanese designer Kenzo Takada's booth
© AFP Pierre Verdy

In launching his new business, Takada chose to create partnerships with established manufacturers that could handle the production of the Gokan Kobo line: Baccarat for crystal, for example, or Niderwiller and Manufacture Nationale de Sevres for porcelain.

He has also given a high-profile visibility to a handful of young artisans such as Shoko Koike, a young sculptor and vase-maker and the daughter of one of Takada's design teachers in Japan from the early 1960s.

But the end-result is unmistakably stamped with the coherence and originality that catapulted Takada to stardom as a clothing designer in the 1970s.

"What I have done here is not design so much as cross breeding," said Takada with typical modesty, pointing to a chair in the mid-19th century style of Napolean III covered in tissue taken from the sash of a traditional Japanese kimono gown.

"But the chairs are still very French," Takada added in accented French, smiling broadly.

Takada emigrated to France in 1965 and has been based in Paris ever since, but travels frequently to Japan -- "two or three times a year," he said.

© 2005 AFP
http://news.sawf.org/Fashion/2481.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->