The Last Movie You Saw?

the white noise it si so bad had a really bad directors cut !! got so bored half way through so started talkijng to my friend gthen we nearly got chucked out oopsey daisy !!!

I saw 'Charlies angels 2' yesterday... I just needed something funny kickbutt-action... :D

The Merchant of Venice. It was v. good. anyone else seen it yet?

Brilliant, Brilliant, Quite Brilliant

I saw three movie worth mentioning since my last visit. Here they are:

memento.JPG

Memento - Christopher Nolan directs a very hot Guy Pierce in this unconventional revenge thriller. The structure shows the story backwards and centers around Leonard (Pierce) talking on the phone of a hotel room, giving us time to breathe every once in a while. Nolan perfectly captures the atmosphere of a seedy underbelly of a city; the story takes place in L.A., but it could be anywhere. It's a sinister but generic atmosphere with the usual hotels, bars, and warehouses that any city might have. What made this film great, for me, was you were not able to tell, till the latter part of the film, who are his enemies and friends. Carrie-Ann Moss co-stars as the femme fatale.

hero_01.jpg

Hero - Zhang Yimou's kung-fu masterpice is a stunning visual achievement. You will see the most beautiful and gracious fight scenes shot in the most exotic and beautiful locations. Themes about heroism and peace stun and abound.

ocean_s_eleven_1.jpg

Ocean's 12 - Cynical at first, now I love it. Although quite stretchy and imperfect, it's one hell of a ride! SILLY, FUNNY, and PLOT TWISTS handled well by director Steven Soderbergh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw 'The Phantom of the Opera' yesterday... I'm still kind of blown away :o

We Don't Live Here Anymore - upsetting, very dramatic - but a beautiful piece

O Brother, where art thou? ..at long last

Last edited by a moderator:
did you like it hanne? I hated it - esp. the music. there's a particularly annoying song I recall sung by sirens. i think.

last film i saw I :heart: Huckabees. didn't really follow it - either a pile of sh*te or way too clever for me to understand.:rolleyes:

you didn't like 'O Brother Where Art Thou' helena?! And I LOVED the music but for some reason I'm a total sucker for deep south gospel/blue grass music. While I was watching that movie on tbs I was craving southern food so bad so i had to make some mac&cheese and bake it in the oven with cheese on top. I think I was a southerner in a previous life. :heart:

helena said:
did you like it hanne? I hated it - esp. the music. there's a particularly annoying song I recall sung by sirens. i think.

last film i saw I :heart: Huckabees. didn't really follow it - either a pile of sh*te or way too clever for me to understand.:rolleyes:

I'm lukewarm with regard to Oh Brother..the music didn't do anything for me..the main reason I watched it was to fill a reference-gap..because I've come across references to this film, which I knew nothing about, so many times it started to get annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annejudy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->