The Louboutin Manicure

couturex

Reaction score
42sbnv4.jpg

I consider the Makeup Alley nail board to be the most creative nail geeks I know. From layering polish, to custom mixing colors to applying nail gems, decals and stamps, I thought I'd seen it all. Silly us, we didn't even think about the underside of the nail.

Inspired by the famous Christian Louboutin red sole, Zoe Pocock, of London's Charles Worthington salon has come up with the "Louboutin Manicure". Polishing the top of the nail with the clients' color of choice, she then applies a bright red creme to the underside. It certainly is a heck of a lot cheaper than splurging on a pair Louboutin heels.
http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2007/04/exploring-new-nail-territories.html

I like it.^_^

I think it's a cool idea too. ^_^ I hate fake nails though (on me - I have weird hands), so I'm going to pass.

the problem is to get this and for it to be visible you have to have longer nails. And i find longer nails really unattractive/gauche. the idea is interesting though.

Wow, that is really fresh and innovative, can be a little hookerish on some women.

How would you even begin to apply polish underneath your nails without making a mess? haha interesting.

December_25th said:
How would you even begin to apply polish underneath your nails without making a mess? haha interesting.

I think these are press on nails, where the underside is already pre-painted red.

I really want to try this. My only concern though: How do you get the polish off of the underside of your nails?

I like it as an idea. It's interesting. But definitely not something I want for myself or would ever try. My nails are short and I like them that way. It kind of looks Halloween-ish. As if they were nails that had scratched someone and now the girl has blood under her fingernails.:shock:

oh wow. that's a great idea but i find long nails to be really... gross and dirty most of the time..

Meg said:
the problem is to get this and for it to be visible you have to have longer nails. And i find longer nails really unattractive/gauche. the idea is interesting though.

My thoughts exactly. I prefer short, well groomed nails. I think this falls in the "it's an interesting idea, but..." category. I think in real life it will look tragic - like painting the LV logo on your nails :doh:

Things like this make me wonder "How come nobody ever thought about this before?". I'm surprised this never caught on with the ghetto fab crowd with the palm trees and people's names painted on their nails. :lol:

Well, I think you could try a different color besides black. It kind of takes out the "Louboutin feel" but still has the same idea. Maybe like light pink on top and dark pink on bottom?

wow, i wish i had the nails to try this, but mine simply aren't that long.

this looksso good if u have longer nails, too bad I don't have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->