The Marc Jacobs bag in Devil Wears Prada

angel

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what's the name of it.. and is it still available? Just wondering... just rewatched the movie and it struck me that I'd really like to have that bag :woot:

I don't remember that movie too well but I think it was either the large multipocket or the venetia. Both of them are classic bags and always available in some color scheme

Thanks :smile: I googled 'Marc Jacobs large multipocket" and it looks like the one... In the movie tho, they say it's 1900 dollars, but online it says it's 975..which is the correct price? Was the one in the movie a limited edition or summat?

^yes they greatly exagerated the price in the movie, it should be right around $1000. I don't know why they did that with the price, because really anyone who wasn't a "fashion" person would probably think $1000 was laready out of this world expensive, and anyone who paid attention to such things would know they were lying...

^yes they greatly exagerated the price in the movie, it should be right around $1000. I don't know why they did that with the price, because really anyone who wasn't a "fashion" person would probably think $1000 was laready out of this world expensive, and anyone who paid attention to such things would know they were lying...

Yeah, that's wierd, I don't get the point of exxagerating it - like you said, someone who's not a fashion person will already think 1000 is expensive already. Anyway, thanks for the info - I'm not really a Marc Jacobs girl and don't know much about his stuff.

gosh,....there were so many things about that movie they could have toned down a bit....i hated that part where they dressed her head to toe designer....it jumped over that thin line of cheesyness in a heartbeat. sad, because if they would have really made it a movie for fashion lovers rather than dumbing it down for the average person who may have heard of chanel...it could have had potential.....

the bag in the movie is the large multipocket in petrol with silver hardware...

the large is 12 1/2"H x 4 3/4"W x 10 1/2"D and is $950...
the smaller size is 9.5" H x 4.25" W x 7.5" D and is $895...

they don't make silver hardware anymore, but shoptwigs.com has petrol with gold hardware (in the smaller size)...

PAAAAAIELNOLBFEK_a.jpg

Actually... I think the bag in the movie is Denim.. not petrol. Gold hardware... etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->