The Mascara Thread #2

diesanni

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

I've been so incredibly lucky and found some YSL Everlong Mascara at a discount store today. :blink: I got the mascara in brown and since it was so cheap in burgundy as well. I never tried such a shade before but it looks amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay so i need advice on a mascara thats waterproof and doesnt clump..
any suggestions?!?

I got Phenomen'eyes in brown the other day because they were out of black :smile:angry:smile: and it's ok but I think that I've discovered colored mascaras aren't for me, I have to stick with plain old black it just shows up so much better for me

I recently got the YSL Faux Cil and I love it, it's wonderful, it thickens nicely without clumping and make my lashes softer. I will buy Singulier and Everlong later on as I want to try them all.

Hi everyone, I need your expert help!
Everytime I wear mascara (waterproof) i have panda eyes at the end of the day. It's perfect at the start of the day, and then by the end I have a black hue below my lower lids, making me look quite unpolished! I don't even bother with eyeliner anymore, because that makes it 10x worse. But I would love to wear mascara every day.

I don't have time during the day to touch up with makeup remover, so I really need one that will last all day. Is this even possible? Or are you all touching up during the day? I have Asian-shaped eyes and dry skin. And I curl my eyelashes before applying mascara.

I've tried: YSL faux cils, Max Factor Aqua Lash, Revlon 3D extreme waterproof mascara, Diorshow, random MAC mascaras and Maybelline Full and Soft - all with panda eye issues!

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I have the same problem with panda eyes. The best mascara I've tried in terms of getting absolutely no smudges is Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen waterproof mascara (after a recommendation on tFS from The_Ida). Part of the reason I don't use it is because it was so hard to get off but it was definitely good if you want a mascara that won't smudge at all. Exceptionnel de Chanel also didn't give me panda eyes either.

Armani Eyes to Kill does give me smudges a little but I love it so much I use it anyway so I use that on my top lashes (where it doesn't seem to smudge) and another non-smudgy mascara on my lower lashes.

^Thanks hautechild! Isn't it a pain? Oh I only ever apply mascara to my top lashes and i have this problem.
Helena Rubenstein isn't readily available where I live, but I might give Exceptionnel de Chanel a try! Thank you sweet! :smile:

^Thanks hautechild! Isn't it a pain? Oh I only ever apply mascara to my top lashes and i have this problem.
Helena Rubenstein isn't readily available where I live, but I might give Exceptionnel de Chanel a try! Thank you sweet! :smile:

Yes, Helena Rubenstein isn't very widely available, you can't buy it here either as far as I know, but they do sell it on www.strawberrynet.com, if they ship to wherever you are :flower:

I was going to buy Singulier today at Duty Free, the lady said is was $38AUD and I was going to get it when she told me that it is only that price if I am a travelling person. :( Disappointed.

Clinique high-impact curling mascara, is perfect for anyone who wants length, hold, and zero smudging/flakiness/runniness. It will never, ever smudge.

I love lancome cils booster xl!! it's a great lash primer and makes my lashes ZOOOM especially when I use it under Lancome Hypnose Drama.

Hypnose Drama is great but I can see why a lot of people don't like it. It's very volumizing and if used correctly, it is fantastic. You must make sure to use a lash comb (I have a fine metal one that does a great job-- i think it's from Sonia Kashuk for Target) to get the clumps out but if you get past that, it's amazing. I always get compliments and I have short asian lashes :smile:

Hey Allyn,
Just a question about the Lancome Cils Booster XL. I was wondering if it was hard to remove. Because I was debating on whether to get Shiseido Mascara Base based on all the great reviews, but the one thing about it was it is hard to remove and i don't like the sound of that because it sounds like I have to pull/rub on my lashes.

I am so mad, I went to Sephora today to get more Phenomen'eyes and they were out of black AGAIN. They were out of it last time too and I had to get brown. I hate brown it doesn't really show up on me I can't believe they were out of black again ugh! :angry: I am not having good luck with make up this week, ASOS was out of my blush too (and they're the only ones who sell what I use)

I am nearly out of my favourite Lancome Hypnose and am trying to decide whether to just replace it, or to give YSL Faux Cils another try... (I loved it the first time around)

Just tried the new Falsies mascara from Maybelline. Was pretty impressed. I think I'm getting the wp version (if there is one out)

I've been using Hypnose Drama for a while and I'm a big fan so far, I wasn't sure whether to get that or Diorshow Blackout, maybe I'll try that one next time though. Hypnose is really good, but I don't think it's that much better than the Maxfactor 2000 calorie mascara I used to use which was only like £6. 2000 calorie is excellent.

I love CoverGirl LashBlast so recently tried the Luxe version but wasn't impressed. It doesn't hold the curl half as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->