The Rimmel Makeup Thread

Their cream eye shadow is crap. What a waste of money. I think their lip products are OK. I find their eye shadows a bit chalky and not very pigmented.

the mousse eyeshadows they do are excellent...they don't budge. they are like a mixture between the laura mercier paints and the new mac cream shadows.

I don't think I've ever been disappointed with any Rimmel products. And I've tried a hell lot of them B) Their nail polishes are amazing, they have the best brush, dry quickly and last forever. Just wish there was a bigger selection of colors (just bought some really nice ones from the new collection).
I love the eyeliners, mascaras and the eye shadows!! I've always thought their cream eye shadow was much better than that of most other brands actually. IMO Rimmel is quite underrated. A lot of my friends don't even know it even though it's available everywhere.

the mousse eyeshadows they do are excellent...they don't budge. they are like a mixture between the laura mercier paints and the new mac cream shadows.
Really? The one I got is IMPOSSIBLE to blend. It is too thin and dries too fast, what a waste of money. I've tried everything - fingers, two blending brushes, a lay-down brush. Nothing works. It's probably the worst and most useless product I own. Am sticking to Shiseido cream eyeshadows, they do not budge and they are easy to blend.

I don't think I've ever been disappointed with any Rimmel products. And I've tried a hell lot of them B) Their nail polishes are amazing, they have the best brush, dry quickly and last forever. Just wish there was a bigger selection of colors (just bought some really nice ones from the new collection).
I love the eyeliners, mascaras and the eye shadows!! I've always thought their cream eye shadow was much better than that of most other brands actually. IMO Rimmel is quite underrated. A lot of my friends don't even know it even though it's available everywhere.

agreed re nail polishes.

i like their exaggerate liquid eye liner and kohl pencil. i've only ever tried one eyeshadow but it wasn't too bad either, reasonably easy to blend. however, their range of colours in lipsticks just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. :yuk:

The Extra Super Lash mascara is pretty good, and cheap! And my mom likes the eye pencils and lip glosses (although they keep discontinuing her favorites!)

i think my favourite rimmel product has to be the nailpolishes. I have tried their eyeshadows and its okay. I need a new bronzer as my Guerlain one broke, has anyone ever tried Rimmel's one? I may need a budget substitute for the time being

i think my favourite rimmel product has to be the nailpolishes. I have tried their eyeshadows and its okay. I need a new bronzer as my Guerlain one broke, has anyone ever tried Rimmel's one? I may need a budget substitute for the time being

Then I would suggest you the Bourjois chocolate one... It's a really good bronzer, not a dirty colour, quite matte. It's as good as my YSL one:wink:. I don't own the Rimmel bronzer but I've heard it's very shimmery. I personally like my bronzer matte or with a soft sheen.

what would u guys say is the best rimmel mascara?

I love the Rimmel mascaras and I've tried a lot of them. The only one I didn't like was the Eye Magnifier which doesn't even appear on the website. My problem with it was how clumpy and dried out it was, which makes me think that the product was old, especially since it was on discount and it seems like they've discontinued it.

I tried both of the Glam Eyes and I LOVE them. They're perfect separators and lentheners for your lashes, they remind me of Chanel Inimitable.

I thought Volume Flash was nice too, and very lengthening, but not as nice as Glam Eyes in separation and it dried out much faster as well.

I used to use one called Lash Maxxx that has a comb-like brush that was good for length and volume but that seems to be discontinued as well.

I used Sexy Curves in the past in combination with my Lancome Definicils since I hated that Lancome mascara. I remember it really improved on the Definicils (which was watery and had no definition or curl), so I bought a new tube which I'll start using once I'm done with my tube of Maybelline Define-A-Lash (which is nice but I only bought it because there was no Rimmel in sight in Turkey). So I'll report back on that eventually I guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I would suggest you the Bourjois chocolate one... It's a really good bronzer, not a dirty colour, quite matte. It's as good as my YSL one:wink:. I don't own the Rimmel bronzer but I've heard it's very shimmery. I personally like my bronzer matte or with a soft sheen.
thanks so much for the suggestion! I think I may get the bourjouis one now and then I'm travelling next week so splurge on my guerlain usual then at the airport...:flower:

The price of Rimmel in the USA is craazy. Mascara for $3? Lipstick for $5. I bought lipstick from Rimmel today and it was $21.50 Australia (almost $24 usd!). It's really off putting to buy from these brands when you realise how much they are ripping you off.

^That is insane. Rimmel is just not worth that amount of money.

The price of Rimmel in the USA is craazy. Mascara for $3? Lipstick for $5. I bought lipstick from Rimmel today and it was $21.50 Australia (almost $24 usd!). It's really off putting to buy from these brands when you realise how much they are ripping you off.

Ugh, that's what I hate about living in Australia. I totally agree. I especially hate it when brands like MAC get the prices bumped up over here - I mean, they're not the cheapest products even in the USA.

Stay matte foundations are quite good! Cheap and great for everyday use, I wear mine just on top of moisturizer. Looks great!

Reporting back, the Sexy Curves mascara is awesome and might replace Glam Eyes lash flirt as my favorite. it's lengthening and volumizing and it really does create a curl. I never curl my lashes because I'm afraid of damaging them and this mascara actually gives me a curl without one.

it's like the ceap drugstore bastard child of Dior Iconic... finds like these make me want to just give up trying department store mascara (like the last one I tried, f*cking Clinique).

One product from Rimmel that I adore is the 006 Pink Blush lipstick from their Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick. I would describe it as a kind of Barbie pink lipstick with a satin finish.
The scent of the lipstick is wonderful.

I just bought the lipstick 014 Sweetie from the Lasting Finish line. I was a bit dissapointed.
It was described as a pink but I think it is more red. But it is still beautiful.

One of my pals uses the Glameyes mascara, and her eyelashes always look amazing...but then she's got the most amzing eyes anyway.
I have used the Kate Moss lasting finish lipsticks and I like them a lot- they do last well, but dont look like paint, and I have 3 colours that I like on the go!
I have also used their 60 second nail polishs,they are easy to use, great brush and last well. lovely colours too!

I like their bronzers for my makeup kit. I use them on myself and clients. They're matte and great for contouring on men and women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->