The Rimmel Makeup Thread

Just wanted to note, I wasn't able to find Rimmel at either of two Targets I visited, both with the "British Aisle." However, I did order what I wanted from drugstore.com :woot: Now waiting with baited breath ...

Rimmell London

I did a search but couldn't find anything on Rimmell London.

Anyone a fan or avoider of it?

I've used the mascara and love it. I don't like mascara brushes and they have one with a comb instead. :heart:

A few of lipsticks I like. As far a drugstore brands go, it doesn't seem too bad...

AWESOME lipsticks, best in the drugstore in my experience, I have almost ten of them.

Cream blushers are blendable and long lasting if you do not have sensitive skin.

Nail polishes, the "60 seconds" ones are very very easy to get a smooth finish on nails.

Crappy chalky eyeshadows.

Vinyl lipglosses are great also, lasts almost as long as MAC lipglass but with out the stickness.

No experience with foundations.

LIP LINERS!!!!!! I just want to buy all of them, but I do not use this category often, so I passed. If you need one or two basics, Rimmel is THE brand to buy.

Brow pencils, comparable to Chanel, need I say more?

Overall, I really like the image of this brand, very young, hip, and attractive, w/o looking cheap like NYC, still very affordable. The qualities are as good as Maybeline.

I forgot about their nailpolish! I use the french manicure colour, can't think of the name. It lasts forever.

There is a thread here.

I like their brow liners. IfI ever wear gloss, it's usually one of their vinyls. I have a purple eyeshadow duo, it's not highly pigmented, but I still like it.

Vinyl Lipgloss in Eastendsnob is a very nice nude shade, if you like the chocolate-orange scent... the nail polishes are also highly rated, might get one some day

Currently using Rimmel Stay Matte foundation & its OK, though I prefer Lancome. Thought I'd try a chap one to see how it compared.
I always use Rimmel Soft Kohl pencil - its my all time fave.

I don't like Rimmel mascaras, eyeshadows, foundations...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet, I have to say that I like Rimmel lipliners and concealers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the moisture lipstick in the Diva Red color & the lip liner Diva Red. The lip liner also matches perfectly to my Mac Ruby Woo lipstick so I love that too.

the only rimmel thing I have ever used was the matte mousse foundation. waste of money. crappy. don't ask, I'll end up crying if you do :(

I tried that, didn't care for it. Generic Maybelline did better for me. I use XXL Maybelline now and it's far better than Rimmel. Rimmel does have some good stuff though.

"Kate Moss, who has been modelling for Rimmel for ten years, has now created her own range of make-up" (dailymail.co.uk / catwalkqueen.tv:(

She rose to the top of the modelling industry and collaborated with Topshop on 14 sell-out collections. But not content with a fashion icon status, Kate Moss has now moved on to conquering the beauty industry.

Kate unveiled her own range of make-up for cosmetics brand Rimmel London.

Featuring six lipstick colours, including her signature red shade, and a selection of eyeshadows, the 'Kate effect' will no doubt ensure the line is a massive hit. The products also come with a leopard print rhinestone pouch.

The model celebrated Rimmel London's tenth anniversary last month after shooting a campaign from a helicopter in her hometown of Croydon.

It's been a busy year for Kate as she is set to marry fiance Jamie Hince next month. But will she be using her own make-up on the big day?

The collection will hit stores in October 2011.

Kate%20Moss%20creates%20Rimmel%20range%20first%20look.jpg

i think its a great idea. rimmel needed to better leverage kate. i think they were basically throwing her away before, as it were. ie the ads were bad and poorly photographed. they need to make the ads look less fake.

Their cream eye shadow is crap. What a waste of money. I think their lip products are OK. I find their eye shadows a bit chalky and not very pigmented.

I bought three different Rimmel multi-tonal blush compacts to see which colour would suit me best, and then my plan was to upgrade to getting the chosen shade from a premium brand - but I've been happy enough with the Rimmel ones so far (goodtoknow.com:(

blusher1.jpg_e_74224cfe900475e09482774363965d53.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"