The New Normal

christian zh

Reaction score
ti0ss.jpg

-dagospia.com

The New Normal is an upcoming American television comedy series that is scheduled to premiere on NBC Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c after the new comedy series Go On, as part of the 2012–13 television season. The network placed a series order in May 2012. The series premiere is scheduled for September 11, 2012.

Bryan (Andrew Rannells) and David (Justin Bartha) are a happy Los Angeles couple, with successful respective careers. The only thing missing in their relationship is a baby. They meet Goldie (Georgia King), a single Midwestern mother and waitress, who has moved to L.A. with her eight-year-old daughter Shania (Bebe Wood). Jane (Ellen Barkin), Goldie's grandmother, follows her family to the city against her grandaughter's wishes. Goldie decides to become Bryan and David's surrogate, which includes her family.

Justin Bartha as David Murray
Andrew Rannells as Bryan Collins
Georgia King as Goldie Clemmons
Bebe Wood as Shania Clemmons
NeNe Leakes as Rocky
Ellen Barkin as Jane Forrest
Jayson Blair as Clay
-wiki

Just watched the pilot episode :wub:

At first I thought I'd watch this just for Justin Bartha but the pilot was seriously great. I felt it was too short and wanted more when it ended. The casting is perfect IMO, both guys are very convincing and honestly you couldn't dream of a better catfight than Ellen Barkin vs Nene Leaks (who, like in Glee, steals every scene she's in)

Btw, I was really shocked when I saw Justin Bartha there B)

I've just finished watching the first two episodes and I have to say I really love this, I love the concept and the meaning behind it, that anyone can be a parent and nothing is normal.

I do really love Ellen Barkin's character, she's like that drunken relative that comes out with the most comical/crazy stuff.

Bebe Woods' impression of Little Edie was so cool/funny, I just loved it, she got the accent so right.

Nene in her Louboutins "I'm half giraffe half drag queen honey!" :rofl:

And like everyone else has said, this is worth watching even for Justin Bartha :heart:

This show is so sweet, and has amazing actors. Cant wait for more episodes!

I watched the two episodes yesterday, there's a lot of cliches and the "everyone can be parents" message it's too repetitive, BUT had cool actors to go on without the drama and more comedy, so, hope it works and don't get cancelled.

Looks awful. The premise could not be more cliche at this point.

I was to able to catch the pilot episode the other day and immediately fell in love. I'm just crossing my fingers at this point hoping it doesn't get cancelled. I'm loving Nene's character. Pure sassiness. Love Andrew Rannells. Enjoyed him in Girls and loving him in this show. Justin Bartha :brows: Fantastic cast and quite hilarious.

I hate to say I kind of love this show.

Yes it's a touch cliche, but it's also hilarious. I feel like I have to watch it twice to catch all the quips. I really hope it does well.

I also couldn't get over the flashback to when they first met, Justin Bartha's outfit :lol:

I rather like this show, yes some of it is cliche, but it doesn't distract from the overall story. But it's really funny which is why the cliche moment's don't irk me. And the little girl who plays the daughter is really fantastic, her Little Edie impression was totally spot on. I really felt like I was looking at a mini-me of Little Edie!

Ryan Murphy announces George Takei and Nicole Richie are joining 'The New Normal'

New Normal creator Ryan Murphy has just tweeted that George Takei and Nicole Richie will both be joining the show. “Proud to announce Nicole Richie and the legendary George Takei are joining The New Normal family,” Murphy wrote, presumably referring to acting on the sitcom. The New Normal had 5.2 million viewers this past week.

A rep for the show told EW that they will both be on the show playing themselves.
insidetv.ew.com

SO excited for Nicole's cameo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaffir124
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->