The Official Men's Magazine Thread

I agree that GQ has been getting boring. Do you subscribe to Details? I like their content better.

^I cancelled my GQ US subscription at the start of the year. It got to the stage were the issue was on newsstands weeks before I got it and big issues like March, September and December never arrived at all. When I reported that I never received those issues I was told they were no longer in print and that I would get an extra month added on to my subscription which meant 3/4 weeks later having to buy a newsstand copy at a ridiculous high price. Anytime there was an issue I was really looking forward to it would never arrive.

The quality of it rapidly detiorated over my 3 year subscription from covers to the articles and features inside. The Terry Richardson camera phone style cover shots all begun looking the same against the white background. It just wasn't worth it anymore.

^I cancelled my GQ US subscription at the start of the year. It got to the stage were the issue was on newsstands weeks before I got it and big issues like March, September and December never arrived at all. When I reported that I never received those issues I was told they were no longer in print and that I would get an extra month added on to my subscription which meant 3/4 weeks later having to buy a newsstand copy at a ridiculous high price.

Yeah, it's usually like this with the US magazines being sent to Europe, they NEVER send another copy. I had the same thing with GQ and Rolling Stone some time ago. that's why I never decided to subscribe VOGUE, I just prefer to buy it here, paying ridiculously high price for it, but getting it immidiately and in a good shape (although GQ got better with it lately, get mine until it even shows in stores here in Poland). anyway, does anybody knows how soon should I let them know that I'm not interested in this automatic renewal of theirs?

btw, what is more surprising though, it is much more expensive to subscribe any British magazine living in Europe than it is to do the same from US. I know that the difference between USD and GBP is quite big, but still.

^You can cancel anytime on their website.

Just use your subscription number (it is found on the leaflet that comes with the magazine). Log onto the GQ Website under subscriptions and the option is there to cancel. They give you a poll asking why you canceled if you want to answer. If you cancel before the entire subscription is up you get refunded on the remaining issues.

If you wait until the very end they send you a notice in the post about a month before letting you know the exact date you have to cancel by or the payment will be taken and the subscription renewed.

Fassbender's editorial (via pixiedust1603)

via browngirlslovefassy.tumblr.com

And on the cover of GQ France June 2012 (via pixiedust1603)

GQ_France_Michael_Fassbender.png

via k-nightfall.tumblr.com

esquire uk june 2012
star: michael fassbender
photographer: alice hawkins
stylist: gareth scourfield
grooming: nana fischer

ebook3000

L'Uomo Vogue May/June 2012

In the last 10 years, African economies grew at twice the pace that they did in the 1980s and 1990s. And growth in Africa is expected to almost double this year. Of course, there are problems: chronic unemployment, poverty, disease. Yet, investing in Africa will ensure that its talents will remain in Africa and will contribute to the growth of their own country"
Ban Ki-moon

An issue dedicated to Africa to show how this continent is moving and developing while trying to get out of a difficult situation of poverty and illness. We’ve photographed influential personalities such as Presidents, First Ladies, and Queens, but also artists, writers, musicians, designers and models: they are the evidence that Africa is developing and progressing continuously and that only showing its positive side we can change the perception of collective imageries and make it attractive for the production not only of fuel but also of fashion, cinema and tourism. Rebranding Africa is important for the future of this continent and for the millions of young people that live in it.

The May-June issue of L’Uomo Vogue will be on newsstands starting May, 10th in Milan
vogue.it

UK Esquire June 2012
'CHANGE GEAR'

Ph: Gregoire Alexandre
Styling: Catherine Hayward

ebook3000.com

UK Esquire June 2012
'PUCKER UP'

Ph: Roger Rich
Styling: Gareth Scourfield

ebook3000.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Men's Health Serbia May 2012 - Ashton Kutcher
577381_10150768178351162_39950561161_9436411_611888635_n.jpg

(facebook.com/mhsrbija)

GQ Germany June 2012
'IN EINEM ANDERN LAND'

Ph: Txema Yeste
Styling: Manuela Hainz

ebookee.org

GQ Germany June 2012
'FEUCHT GEBIETER'

Ph: Will Davidson
Styling: Stevie Dance

GQ Germany June 2012
'DER LASSIGE GENTLEMAN'

ebookee.org

^lmao! That's the best description I've ever heard of him.

Though I have to say 21 jump street warmed him up a bit to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->