• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Official Men's Magazine Thread

And the newsstand version of Mark Ronson's Oct 09 UK Esquire cover (telegraph.co.uk:(

Attachments

• mark-cover_1473804a.jpg
    mark-cover_1473804a.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 278
I just remembered GQ UK October's issue is the annual Men of the Year issue which means a group shot of the winners for the cover.

Esquire USA September 2009 Sam Worthington by Perou
journal-plaza.net

Esquire USA September 2009 Gedeon Burkhard, Eli Roth, Paul Rust, Omar Doom, B.J. Novak, Samm Levine by Carlos Serrao
journal-plaza.net

I got UK Esquire today and thought woah, it's really thick! But then realised that thickness was due to the fact they've changed from using glossy paper, with the inserted section of a different paper, to being all cheap paper! It feels cheaper than W's paper now..

"The World's Most Upmarket Men's Magazine" indeed. Pfft.

It's so odd isn't it? Instead of there being a thin inserted section of cheap paper, there's now a thin inserted section of glossy paper in a sea of Tesco Value loo roll!

The hardback edition probably cost them a fortune, so they've cut costs elsewhere. I'm sure it'll be back to regular quality soon.

Esquire's Sexiest Women 2009: Kate Beckinsale

picture source: hearstmags.com

esqfr02left10f35604.jpg

clues:
She is emetophobic.
She is multilingual.
She has been in the same room with Michael Bay at least once.
She hates wearing underwear.
She shares a birthday with three notable actors, two of whom have starred in a film together.
She is not Channing Tatum

US Esquire October 2009: Matt Damon

source zinio.com
So the Sexiest Woman does not get the cover? Strange.

damonr.jpg

The Sexiest Woman of the Year cover is always Esquire's November cover.

They picked Kate Beckinsale as the sexiest woman? I'm glad if that's the case, from the description beside the shot I had a sinking feeling the words "Megan Fox" would be cropping up.

it's always a pleasure to see matt damon on a magazine cover but what a truly uninspiring shot/layout for esquire... especially since they've had some pretty great ideas this year specifically with their use of typography.

GQ UK October 2009 : Lily Allen, Mickey Rourke & Take That

cerosmedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicochanvinlabeill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->