The 'Outfit Look-Alikes' Thread

^^
You'll be surprised to see how much people copies/are inspired by Gianni Versace. From Tisci to the most unexpected name.
Ghesquiere has at least one outfit/piece in almost every collection inspired by Gianni.

I did a search of the previous thread and didn't see it posted so I hope I am double posting.

Louis Vuitton 'Street PM 200' bag from Spring 2007 vs Balenciaga Fall 2016

voguerunway

We all know where the original idea came from but thought it was worth the post.

i want a timeline of this plaid/bag shape! like how did it become an nyc chinatown staple? when did celine start doing that print feel-- was this LV bag the first appearance in the fashion world? + now we're at balenciaga + influencer-y type girls im seeing with mesh plaid bags, small ones with gromets-- i wonder where theyre from

Tom Ford Spring 2018/Balenciaga Spring 2009
rJvgucKV.jpg
xmarTdDE.jpg

vogue

Christian Siriano S/S 2018 vs. Nina Ricci F/W 2007

-vogue.com; livingly.com

a b!tch didn't even try

Calvin Klein S/S 2018 vs Gucci S/S 2002
Calvin+Klein+Spring+2018+hf-jsGNK5iOl.jpg
Gucci+Spring+2002+i_I_FoEuTGYl.jpg

livingly

Dior Haute Couture F/W 2001 vs Gareth Pugh S/S 2018

livingly.com & vogue.com via vogue28

I don't even know why is still doing shows and why Coco is walking his sh!tty shows.

Givenchy Haute Couture 1997 VS Gareth Pugh S/S 2018 London
de0f5ecd583b1f346c1bdc5160dbebf5.jpg

tumblr_owfkuvPb7c1qg56auo1_r1_540.jpg

pinterest vogue

Gareth Pugh S/S 2018 vs. Qui êtes-vous, Polly Maggoo? (1966)

That´s a good one! Totally true. I remember when the lady chief editor in the movie says "he has redefined the woman!" after seeing the metal collection.

this dress reminds me of Mcqueen's dress
mary katrantzou ss18
Mary-Katrantzou-RTW-Spring-Summer-2018-London-4468-1505643665-thumb.jpg

Alexander Mcqueen FW 2006
00500m.jpg

soure:nowfashion\vogue

I'm sorry but i don't see anything similar between the Givenchy by McQueen dresses and the Gareth Pugh piece. It's just gold and that's all...

The same for Katranzou and McQueen, those are two totally different dresses that are using a classic couture shape. Balenciaga did it first and designers from YSL to De La Renta and from Lagerfeld to Mugler have done that.
Sometimes i think that people believe that McQueen invented those shapes. He also copied a lot, from Balenciaga to Alaia and Mugler.

Yes, he did it with much more convictions and flawless craftmanship but this is not a Mc Queen silhouette.

Last edited by a moderator:
random furcoat look, who did it best, gucci ss18 or vetements fall 2017?

nowfashion.com, vogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->