The 'Outfit Look-Alikes' Thread

Love that Calvin dress. It's timeless and beautiful.

Gucci Spring 2016 & Prada Resort 2018 (zimbio)
DiwgjA6w_o.jpg
DLtpHqaS_o.jpg

If anything the Gucci shirt is a copy of her circus collection for Miu Miu (S/S 2008). The Prada one is much more 19th century while the Gucci one is more french maid. She had already used pastel colored transparencies as have many other designers...

^I think it is the skirt that is the focus of the comparison, not the shirt. I might be wrong.

dior couture s/s 2018 - marc jacobs s/s 2013

vogue.com, nowfashion.com

Christian Dior Couture Spring 2018 - Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2007
AIZQIfTB_o.jpg
IIGbkH2I_o.jpg

vogue/livingly

^ Gaultier S/S 1993

maliciousglamour.tumblr.com

^^ My god, Maria Grazia Chiuri is becoming the female counterpart of Zuhair Murad! :lol:

1967 Balenciaga vs Alexandre Vauthier Couture S/S 2018

nytimes.com / nowfashion.com

The boob embellished Dior dress made me think of that Dolce the second after I saw it on the runway, step up your game Maria

Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 2007 vs S/S 2018

vogue.com

A bit of a stretch but Claire must have looked closely at Riccardo's work for the house.

There were a few other pieces I saw that were definitely Tisci inspired.

1967 Balenciaga vs Alexandre Vauthier Couture S/S 2018

nytimes.com / nowfashion.com

The original is such a beautiful piece to draw from. Because of that any copy will look almost as good.

Not identical, but the opening Valentino Spring 2018 Couture look felt very Lacroix circa mid-aughts.
Valentino+Spring+2018+RYiho9C6-kgl.jpg
Christian+Lacroix+Fall+2004+99LyIBQ7adwl.jpg

Christian+Lacroix+Fall+2002+ua8KLXl2OBFl.jpg
Christian+Lacroix+Fall+2004+TbzcSGY3jPAl.jpg

(livingly.com)

what do you think?
Zuhair Murad Spring 2018 Couture / Emilio Pucci Spring 2012 RTW

KIM_0141.jpg
Lace_black_runway_skirt_crop1-681x1024.jpg

I don't see it. The elements are definitely there but they're both different enough for me.

Hermès just copied those tapestry sweaters J.W. did a few seasons. Can somebody post it, I' m too lazy to do it myself.

Not identical, but the opening Valentino Spring 2018 Couture look felt very Lacroix circa mid-aughts.

(livingly.com)

I instantly thought of Lacroix F/W 2004 when I saw those opera coats and feather headdresses. I don't mind it though, god knows this couture week needed an injection of color and fun.

Did he buy the pattern or something LOL Jeez it's a carbon copy

Brands literally just buy a load of vintage clothes, unpick them, trace the shape for their own patterns and remake them.

I've even heard of brands buying the vintage clothes and sewing their own brand's labels into the back of the collar for the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->