The 'Outfit Look-Alikes' Thread

Well...

Fenty x Puma spring collection
191455Capturedcran20170309164100.png

Louis Vuitton cruise 2016
46de06564c817132fa47b3ba6c91dca2.jpg

louis vuitton & vintage gaultier

Gaultier has become the unofficial template that every other designer after him has mercilessly, thanklessly, unawarely, and even unconsciously, plundered heavily from.

If people care to comb through Gaultier’s archives from the mid-80s to the early-2000s, you’ll find that not only people like Ghesquiere and Tisci have borrowed/inspired by/ripped off heavily from him— hell, Tisci’s entire menswear identity is based on Gaulter’s early-2000 men, down to the casting and styling. But even someone like McQueen has often shown designs and styling that’s clearly inspired by Gaulter’s multicultural/ multi-era mixing and remixing.

When I’m mesmerized by Rihanna’s tour performance of “Love On The Brain”, it really wasn’t just her soulful, downright funky, raw, dirty, Motown-tribute performance of that track, but how boss she looked wearing that design by Y/ Project: That oversized, men’s suiting with the high-waisted pant, and the leather bustier underneath, all in rich earthtones… came straightup wholesale out of Gaultier’s A/W 1997 “Harlem Renaissance” collection. He did it before everyone else. And everyone else will continue to cop from him.

Alexander McQueen Spring 1999/Gucci Fall 2017

vogue

That dress has been on worn on the red carpet by everyone over the last 5 years. The McQueen is only 1 out of 1,566,185 times.

Russian designer Kirill Mintsev accused Burberry on plagiarism. More info on his post.

I feel certain I have seen that before... plagiarism? Doubt it:lol:

Roberto Cavalli F/W 2000 vs Louis Vuitton S/S 2011

*firstview.com & vogue.com

img_750x750$2017_03_25_22_19_15_355836.jpg

vogue.pt

So can anyone please help me identify where have I seen this almost exact dress before? The designer is Micaela Oliveira.

Louis Vuitton FW2003/ Prada FW2009
Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2003+7sDLsElEhOYl.jpg
Prada+Fall+2009+7WyB4FHvUvxl.jpg
Prada+Fall+2009+bMwsHG8HhYbl.jpg

livingly

Dolce and Gabbana Tokyo show vs Dior Tokyo show
just tulle, boring as hell flowers and no design at all, they look like same collection pieces

vogue.co.jp gettyimmages.com

Pleated tulle 'trench'

comme des garcons fall 2000 / givenchy resort 2017

vogue.com

Comme des Garçons F/W '00 | Rochas S/S '15

vogue.com

Ikea 40p vs. Balenciaga £1125

cakpHk8k.jpeg

IKEA's popular Frakta bags are made from synthetic material polypropylene and were originally designed by siblings Marianne and Knut Hagberg, and costs just 40 pence - whilst the French fashion houses similar looking tote- made from Italian leather and lambskin, the Balenciaga ‘Carry Shopper Medium’ bag that featured in it’s SS17 men's runway show, retails for a significantly higher price at £1,125 - and here's IKEA's response

*** Edited to add source of photos, per tFS Community Rules

source:fashionlawbusiness.com

Attachments

• IvB.jpeg
    IvB.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Consultant ... I added the source of your photos (since I could see where you got them from), according to the Community Rules.

Jomahsol
... Please add a post here, crediting the site (or sites) where you got your photos, or I will have to remove them (which I don't want to do).

For more information about when and how to credit, go to this pinned thread near thet top of the Announcements forum: Crediting Rules: posting the source/credits for an image, article or news story

Thank you both for your contributions to this thread.:flower:

tumblr_l5vpkciLMT1qcyzqio1_500.jpg

Cristobal Balenciaga from 1965
source : defunctfashion.tumblr.com

Calvin Klein aw17
Dy9asr8.jpg

source : zimbio.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ralph Lauren / Gaultier HC SS 2002

vogue.com livingly.com

..and I'm sure that CK dress isn't the only look-alike from that Balenciaga gown. I think YSL had his version, too, and I noticed that in Lauren Santo Domingo's thread. I don't think it's a good use of an animal's plumage. It just screams out "Please pull me" to a small child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->