The Pete Doherty News Thread (please put all Pete news here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
188-266_108_1_actu.jpg

source :L'OFFICIEL HOMMES

^the "ed" was posted in his other thread, if anyone is interested. but no HQs unfortunately.

Pete Doherty rushed to hospital
Irish tour cancelled
tour cancelled

Tue, 13/10/2009

Click To View the Fullsize Image/s
Indie icon Pete Doherty has been rushed to hospital forcing the cancellation of his upcoming Irish tour.
It's been a busy old year for Pete Doherty. The singer opened 2009 in sensational fashion, releasing his new album 'Grace / Wastelands'.
The indie star's first officially released solo album, Pete Doherty recruited Blur guitarist Graham Coxon for the folk influenced epic. Playing a series of solo shows the singer then stunned fans by re-uniting The Libertines for one night only.
However there has also been a few downsides. Arrested twice in one week, Pete Doherty is currently set to face criminal charges after being caught drink driving after a show in England.
Still touring widely, the singer was taken to hospital last night (October 12th) after suffering breathing difficulties. As a result, Pete Doherty's upcoming Irish tour has been cancelled with all dates being re-scheduled.
A statement from the singer's agent confirmed that Pete Doherty is currently in hospital under observation by doctors.
"Last night Peter Doherty was admitted to Swindon Hospital with exhaustion and breathing difficulties. He is currently under observation by doctors."
While fans are immediately suggesting that dr**s are involved, there is no hint of this in the statement. Pete Doherty has been extremely busy of late, attempting to complete the new Babyshambles as well as his own solo itinerary.
clash music

Last edited by a moderator:
"Doherty was due to begin his tour in Northern Ireland with a gig in Belfast on Wednesday (14Oct09). The concert has now been scrapped along with dates in Dublin and Galway.
Fans have been advised the shows are in the process of being rescheduled." clash music

Loonaka I guess if he cant make in december in Olso ,the concert will be rescheduded as well.
He must be exhausted after touring for so many months _with his new CD and with the Babyshambles.
I was lucky and fortunate enough to see him just over a week ago.
He is awesome :heart: I hope he'll get better soon.

TROUBLED ARTISTS OFFERED SAFETY NET

Amy Winehouse and other troubled musicians may get a ''safety net'' clause written into their contracts, allowing their record companies to intervene if they got off the rails.

Amy Winehouse and other troubled musicians could get a "safety net" clause in their record contracts.
Former Island Records head Marc Marot said he will be writing a clause into agreements with artists which allows the record companies to intervene if they are struck with problems such as d*** addiction, anorexia or depression.
Marc, who now heads Sports Entertainment Group UK - which represents Billy Ocean and Aswad among other acts- said: "As an industry, the music industry is pathetic compared to other industries."
It has not been detailed what sort of action it will be possible for the record company to take in the event of stars being hit by problems. The concept has been met a mixed reaction.
Musician Dave Okumu said: "If I were presented with a contract which contained a clause allowing the record label to intervene in the event of 'personal troubles' I would be naturally suspicious."
The idea was met with a more positive outlook by Joseph Mount of dance rock group Metronomy.
He said: "Your Pete Dohertys and Amy Winehouses - people would love the opportunities that those people get.
"When Amy Winehouse went off the rails she should have been dropped. It would have been a pretty big gesture if the label had said, 'We do not condone d*** use or bad performances'."
contactmusic.com

hmm... no idea what to th ink about that, very much random in my o p inion. Its good in a way, but it really bad in the other, because it allows the record label to have more control over the artist-more that they already have- and interfire with their personal lives.

yeah, my first reaction to that wasn't very positive, but it's a really complicated issue actually. i do understand why the record companies would want that, but i can't say i like the idea. especially because some of the troubled musicians are quite good. not to mention that it would fuel judgmental opinions about people who have such problems, etc etc, i won't get into this.
i'm worried because i can't find any news about him... i hope he's well.

Pete Doherty reveals life-support machine hospital drama
'My heart stopped' says Babyshambles man

November 24, 2009

Pete Doherty has said that he was in hospital on a life support machine in October when he had to cancel a series of Irish solo live dates.

The Babyshambles man told NME.COM that rather than "exhaustion", which was the official line given when he cancelled shows in Belfast (13), Dublin (14) and Galway (15),his condition was far more serious.

"If I hadn't been on a life support machine I'd have been in Ireland," he told NME.COM, speaking of his stay in Swindon's Great Western Hospital. "But my heart stopped."

Doherty, who has a medical implant that cancels the effects of h***** and c******, said that d**** were not the reason for the hospitalisation.

"Their [doctors'] immediate thought was that it was to do with d**** but it wasn't," he said. "What happened? Well, I don't know. I don't remember. I was running into the walls, making steering wheel signs with my hands. And then I just… stopped. My body just stopped."

The frontman added that he was given the all-clear following an overnight stay, and he was looking forward to Babyshambles' December tour. "A tour's just what the doctor ordered," he said.

For the full interview with Doherty see the new issue of NME, out tomorrow (November 25).

magImage.php
nme.com

:shock::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adeal2011
Back