The revolving door at Emanuel Ungaro (please put all Ungaro news here)

Giles for Ungaro
iw4wub.jpg

twitter.com/jcreportglobal

Emanuel Ungaro's revolving door continues. After womenswear designer Estrella Archs left the label last week, menswear designer Franck Boclet announced his departure from the company after a three-year tenure. In response, the label said it will put its menswear runway collection on hold, with the possibility of relaunching it in the future. However, it will still produce its licensed menswear lines. As for Boclet, he plans to launch his own menswear line at men's fashion week in June.
nymag.com

Another stupid choice in my opinion,he does not really have nothing to share with Ungaro aestethic
Give him 2 seasons and he'll go away/get fired too

^^ I sorta agree but Its obvious that Ungaro is trying(VERY HARD) to become more youthful, fresh, young, hip. Now i dont know why(I guess it sells), but if thats the road they want to take then Giles can pull it of beautifully. All eyes will be on Ungaro come Spring Summer 2010 Fashion Week

^ :lol: Neither did I. Does anyone actually have any pictures of Ungaro Menswear???

Oh, I had no idea Ungaro even did menswear . :ermm:

oh yeah....ungaro had a nice thing going back in the 90's and early 00's but it's been rather overshadowed the last few years because of the buzz/controversy with the women's.

OMG. I still can't believe Deacon is definitely Ungaro's main designer. OMG. It can't be true. OMG. Giles Deacon working at Ungaro. OMG. I can't believe it. OMG. How sad. OMG.

What's happening? Why fashion has become a vale of tears? Where's the talent? Why is it impossible to see good and beautiful things?

And yeah, definitely fashion world is crazy. I shouldn't be surprised after Linsay's adventure, but it was so surreal that taking it seriously was impossible. This is more pretentious. :yuk: Disgusting news!

Giles Deacon at Ungaro. OMG.

^he wouldn't actually be a bad choice to be honest,
just because he does one thing at his own label doesn't mean he'll do the same at Ungaro, he does 'quirky' at his own label because thats his aesthetic,
but he would have to stick with the ungaro aesthetic, if its true that is
it's only like what Galliano does, his label is alot different to Dior

oh yeah....ungaro had a nice thing going back in the 90's and early 00's but it's been rather overshadowed the last few years because of the buzz/controversy with the women's.

That is so news to me ! I guess they did not promote it so much since the menswear market is a little harder to do .

Remember Ungaro's Fall 2002 and Spring 2003 collections? They were soooo beautiful. It's funny how in just a few years the entire house plunged into a shameless pit of despair.
I really do wonder what Mr Ungaro is thinking right now.

Oh I remember that menswear collection :sick:
What do you guys think about Alessandra Facchinetti for Ungaro?She hasn't got a decent job from ages :lol:

i guess i am one of the few who thinks Giles for Ungaro will be fab!
wait and see!!!

i'm not a fan of giles, but i hope it will work out for him Ungaro. i can't wait!!!!

I don't think Giles in an appropriate choice, since his work at Daks was very weak.

This is a nightmare Giles? Common what is the Direction thinking! But I am pleased its not confirmed yet well at least by Giles himself?!

I think Giles and Ungaro are not a perfect match but maybe he can do something with the house.

Well, better than LiLo. I hope he helps strengthen this brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saucednoods
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->