The Row Launches Menswear Again

^So true. I went to Acne last week and such a disappointment. Huge waste of my time. I truly wonder where men can go to have this Céline vibe. I like minimalist pieces but I need a twist, an edge. For a time I thought the Row could really bring something on the table but year after year I realised how dull this brand is.

you're right and it doesn't even seem like anyone has tried to make a celine for men.
but i'm sure we'll see it at bottega next season!

^So true. I went to Acne last week and such a disappointment. Huge waste of my time. I truly wonder where men can go to have this Céline vibe. I like minimalist pieces but I need a twist, an edge. For a time I thought the Row could really bring something on the table but year after year I realised how dull this brand is.
So, there's a gap in the market for that. I had the feeling that Acne offered that twist at a not so expensive price. But a lot of their pieces are quite overpriced even if i love the colors...

Maybe Joseph then. They have a new designer already for menswear.

Celine, beyond the fashion show had a very wardrobe approach. I don't buy basics at high-fashion brands (except at Balenciaga under NG) but Celine was the place where i was comfortable buying a simple black pant with an interesting cut.

It's hard to combine wardrobe and fashion in a brand....Beyond the Saint Laurent High-street/luxury aesthetic.

You have Acne Studios for that if i remember well...
It is at least, IMO, the closest to Celine for menswear (and for women separates).

Eh...I think Acne lacks the sophistication of the Céline ethos. I remember enjoying their offerings a few years ago, but nowadays it seems like they're just pandering to younger people and streetwear. Early on The Row did well in adapting the Céline aesthetic, but that's just not shown here in the menswear.

even as a woman I would buy The Row Menswear, the Women's is now too strict/sad for me

Pretty milquetoast output here; was kinda hoping I’d see some of the row’s drape and severity in cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->