The Skinny Jean Scene #2

i love skinny jeans, especially the ones that aren't too skinny! i like them because after all these years i had to wear heels with skirts and dresses. if i wore them with jeans, they would hide the shoe and only expose the heel. with skinnys i can wear jeans and it will show off my beautiful louboutins

Anybody wearing or heard of 'Skinny Carrot' Jeans? They're basically a mix of regular jeans (at the top) and skinny jeans at the bottom.

This is a description I pulled off a website-
Worn on the hip and loose around the thigh, gently tapering into a skinny fit on the ankle. Carrot fit jeans are set to be the new Skinny Jean this coming season.

Interesting idea!

oh yea, these have been out for a while. i love the fit of these, more of a relaxed skinny jean.

I really love the skinny jeans, I think that I could not live without them:heart:

I wear them because they look best on my legs. I really dislike those "jeggings" (urgh, awful word), with the exception of a pair I own from Topshop that are more denim leggings. They have dark red and grey flowers printed on them, and look exactly like jeans aside from the waistband (they have real pockets!). The fabric is also quite thick so there's none of that dreaded sheerness as a result from over-stretching. I think there's a definite difference between denim leggings, that have a good bit of stretch to them, and "jeggings" which just look cheap.

what do you guys think about skinny shorts that levis make? I really like them..i have a few pair but I think they're going out of style...they were really popular last summer..a lot of guys in the city wore them, but a lot of people are starting to think they look too "tight". I mean, I would trade mine in for the world..i love mine. :blush:

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3881959&camp=sf_google

mine aren't like that..I mean that's not breathing room at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too keen on skinny shorts. I think shorts always look better when they're looser. But that's just my opinion.

I LOVE skinny jeans. I don't know what I would do without them. Like so many of you have said, they look good with everything and, for me, are super comfortable. I do like the look of long bootcut jeans, but only with super high heels - they look funny and fat if they're just let trailing on the ground with a pair of flats.

And just for the record, I really don't like jeggings. Especially not if they are worn instead of a pair of jeans. They look a bit like pregnancy trousers with the elasticated waist showing...

^ ^ I ownt so many pair..I've even started cutting up my jeans that I don't like anymore and making them into skinny jeans, since I needed more of a variety for summer.

^ Wow! How'd you learn how to do that? :woot: I am very interested! Hopefully not a lot of sewing required. :blush::lol:

I love when skinny jeans get too big. I love the look of loose-fit skinnies. ^_^

Anyone know where I can buy a pair of good quality ultra-skinnies?

Skinnies, in general, don't help my shape at all. The smaller I go, the more difficult the fit up top. I need them to hug my legs, be practically skin tight without being uncomfortable.

Help? :flower:

(I was about to bump this thread today too to ask a question but couldn't find it so I ended up making a separate thread for my question :lol:)

I'm still a major fan of Current/Elliott skinnies. They're really, really tight in the legs but have a rather loose waist so I find them to be super comfortable. They're very flattering on most people and they come in great washes and the quality is superb!!

^ Hey that's awesome! :woot: Where can I nab a pair?

I'm not looking to pay more than, :ermm:, $50 on jeans. :ninja::innocent:

thoutnet.com sometimes has C/E's for less than $70, and depending on your size you might get lucky in shopbop's or revolve's sales. Reverse has some, too. But they retail at around $170-$250 normally :innocent:

:doh: Ouch. I'm just a student. I can't afford that. :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of Gap, Express, etc. :flower: Do these brands have ultra-skinny jeans in their stores?

Psylocke, my waist is pretty small and my legs are pretty thin, so I need something snug but will also be skin tight. Thanks for your recommendation!

I'm just a student, too. But I live on toast bread and energy drinks so I can afford nice clothes :rofl: I have some less expensive skinny jeans as well but none of them I would ever recommend to anyone! Except for maybe Tally Weijl's, but I'm not sure you have that where you live? H&M and the like all are skin tight when you try them on first but start sagging on the waist and the butt after an hour of wearing and I really hate that. That's what I love about my C/E's, you can wash and wear them all the time and they never sag or shrink or anything.
Sorry I wasn't of much help. I hope someone who's more familiar with the brands you mentioned will be able to help! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->