The Sound of the 70's

Party.in.Paris

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the seventies, the music..the clothes..the style..everything!

what are your favourite 70's bands ??

psychedelic, rock, punk...

While I have to question some of the 70's clothing (more so the fabrics) Kiss, Journey and Queen would be my fav 70's music.
Party.in.Paris said:
I'm a fan of the seventies, the music..the clothes..the style..everything!

what are your favourite 70's bands ??

psychedelic, rock, punk...

I love everything about the '70s... culture, fashion, music, style, interior, politics... :crush:

My fave band must be Led Zeppelin. :heart:

Wow my bad, totally forgot about Roxy Music.
maybe_tonight said:
I love the glam rock of the early '70s -- Bowie, T. Rex, Roxy Music.

I love so many bands, but if I had to pick my favourites that'd be...

psychedelic: Jefferson Airplane and Gong
rock: Queen, Led Zep, NY dolls
punk: Stiff little fingers, the clash, UK subs

If we're making lists then here goes:

Psychedelic: Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd
Rock: Kiss, Queen, Journey, Led Zep, Roxy Music
Punk: Clash, Patty Smith

my friend once told me i should live in the 70s :lol: but i think 60s and the 70s were both great...i view the music as one decade

i cant say i like all the music from that period..but lately..i been listening to alot of psychedelic from the 60s/70s
not alot of the popular artists like bowie..or pink floyd or led zeppelin thought..more of the "indie" stuff from that time
the pretty things, undertakers, blue cheer, the bards..etc.

i also like french music from around that period..probably more of the 60s
artists like francoise hardy, delphine, anna karina, brigitte bardot, jacques dutronc etc.

but i think 60s and the 70s were both great...i view the music as one decade
same for me...

and I love Jacques Dutronc too....
'il est 5 heures, Paris s'éveille' is my favourite song, so beautiful...

Last edited by a moderator:
haha..i havent listen to his stuff for a while now
im more into his wife's stuff lately...she's so beautiful..even now at the age of 62...francoise didnt loose her touch one bit

Im not a fan of the fashion even the life style but I love the 70's music!!!I find the best decade for music,the most inspired!

Classic rock is what i like most to listen.I don't like very much the disco era..ABBA,The Bee Gees,Donna Summer...but it's kind of fun!

My favorites bands

Classic rock:Led Zeppelin,The Doors,Deep Purple
Fusion:Mahavishnu Orchestra,Weather Report
Glam rock:T.Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
Glam rockers of the 70's
Their outfits give me headache

David Bowie
bowie2.jpg
bowie.jpg

The Sweet
sweet2.jpg
sweet.jpg

New York Dolls
nydolls2.jpg
dolls.jpg

Roxy Music
roxy2.jpg

T.Rex
gtrex2.jpg
gtrex.jpg

earthlink.net

I'm listening to all my mums old records... Pink Floyd, and I'm loving America- my favourites are Ventura Highway and Sister Golden Hair. A lot more 70s music too

the style of the seventies kinda sucked. I only love it for nostalgia's sake. I like the 60's much better but the 70s had some great soul. Aretha Franklin, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, the Isley Brothers, the O Jays, James Brown...the list goes on and on. Not to mention all the FUNK music! Parliament, Rick James etc. 70's soul feeds me.

On the Brazilian side Gilberto Gil, Caetano Veloso, Gal Costa, Maria Bethania, Os Mutantes, and Brazilian Funk! :mohawk:

Donna Summer does it for me too Poppy!

I actually love 70s fashion but loathe anything to do with 60s fashion. All those blocks of colour and Mary Quant just makes me want to run a mile. The 70s were softer, earthier -more woodstock and 60s than the 60s themselves. The 60s were too bastardised 50s for my liking. But I meander...

I most definitely love the 60's more than the 70's, music-wise... but I am very in love with Zeppelin, T Rex (surprised more people haven't mentioned this band), Bad Company, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac... some of the less glam stuff, but somewhat rock, nonetheless. :smile:

A lot of one-hit-wonder tunes that I love came out of the 70's, too... Tunes by the Raspberries (for those that don't know, the lead singer is Eric Carmen... of "Hungry Eyes" Dirty Dancing fame), Christopher Cross (late 70's), Argent (early 70's)... etc. etc.

Love the photos Rubie girl :woot: :heart: I'm more of a 60's fan like Erin, but there were great bands in the 70's, who inspired many later brilliant bands (like The Smiths)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->