The Trench

Originally posted by vintage_princess@May 3rd, 2004 - 12:58 pm
Im wondering whether i should still get the one i had my eye on...its waist length with a belt to nip in at the right places, i think a long one would make me look silly since im so skinny :lol:
My 2-cents...
Go for it! I think that a shorter length makes sense for smaller frames. Also, depending on your climate, it can be a year-round staple. I wear mine often. It' from Banana & it hits below the hip (good length if you've got somethin to hide :P ). I think that it makes jeans w/a tee & cute shoes look much more put together.

Originally posted by FunkyDiva@Apr 29th, 2004 - 9:44 am
My point is that when publications hype this "the year of the trench" or "The season for Little Black Dresses", people tend to treat classics like fads and it's annoying.
EXACTLY. :flower:

I don't like it when they do that with colours. Like yellow is this season's colour and red is last season. :wacko: If you like the colour and it looks good on you then wear it! B)

To me there's nothing better than a classic black or khaki trench, but once they start trending them up with colors and selling them in teenybopper trendoid clothing stores I lose all interest in them. Living in Florida I don't have much use for a trench though since we don't get much cold weather but give me a quilted chanel and a classic trench and stick me in Manhattan and I'd be as happy as a clam. Which leads one to wonder, how happy are clams really?

Perfectly said banana. I wear whatever color I like and feel looks good on me. Hey and if the color I enjoy wearing just happens to be in that season, GREAT!

Trench is a staple for many, but yeah some people use them because they are a it item...those colorful trenches are trendy right now..I think they are pretty, but I'll start using em when I wont have to worry trndy gals having the same coat on as me as I sit at a cafe...

If I gotta wear a trench, I'll stick with my Vintage Burburry one...

I'm just gonna bump this up because I suddenly REALLY want a great new classic trench coat...
I feel like they are going to be big this season...
any thoughts?

Chrissy, I'd suggest something like Burberry for classic trench coat. Like in black, or neutral peach sorta color or maybe like a pink.

source: burberryusaonline

Last edited by a moderator:
Trenches are huge here among the teenybopper squad. I love trenches, so I don't mind it becoming a trend that much, though I don't think I'm wearing mine this season. I love old-fashioned trench coats.

obviously i am talking about male trench coats, but i really wish i could pull one off. I think they can look so cool on some people. I.e Danny Beaucham in Burberry adverts. To start off do you reckon i should go for a darker one as they seem easier to pull off?

I'd go for the most classic one I could find. Something very subtle, maybe something dark or that classic beige. But then again, I'm not a man.

those are all great... thanks kissmesweet :heart:

i probably can't afford any of them right now since i owe my parents a ton of money but they are definitely something to strive for...
a good trench would be a great investment i think...
trench coats never go out of style and the cuts are always pretty much the same

Me tooo..I'm bumping this up.

I keep seeing that cute jewelry commercial where the young couple quickly walk pass an older couple who are walking slow...I'm so loving the younger lady's lightweight trench coat.

Anyone know who sells a lightweight, double breasted trench coat that's inexpensive... =)

I :heart: trenches. However, I do not think of them as just a trend. Partly because it is such a classic piece that I personally would never get tired of it.

Model_Mom, karma for the great link! :flower:

I love these...

Perry Ellis, Donna Karan, Maxmara

Source: Style.com

Attachments

• 100126844.jpg
    100126844.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 100126855.jpg
    100126855.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 100126857.jpg
    100126857.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought one from Jag (Aus chain store) I got the last size 8 in the country apparently and they only came out last week or so! It's black with bone coloured buttons and buckle and in a shiny fabric.

i think that burberry did the greatest ones. though it's really expensive. i think this is the summum of the elegance.

jessa010 said:
Taking a stroll downtown here, I see so many women with trenches on as well. The thing is, half of them look ridiculous in them because they chose to buy knee length trenches which actually almost drags down to the floor simply because they are not tall enough to wear them. So in the end, they look like little black and white dwarves.

Wish they could've gone with another style, a shorter one preferably to match their height.

I think most people look bad in a trench. It swamps the figure and make you look stocky. Only people in ads and models can pull the look.

zashikibuta_vert said:
Anyone know who sells a lightweight, double breasted trench coat that's inexpensive... =)

I picked up a pretty lightweight one from New York and Company for about $60, but that was in the beginning of the year. But they might still have some because trenches are classic. That was the first time I've ever been in that store but I really do love the coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->