The Trench

style_star said:
I :heart: trenches. However, I do not think of them as just a trend. Partly because it is such a classic piece that I personally would never get tired of it.

I agree. Those simple burberry trenches are wonderful; they could be an entire outfit alone, in my opinion. I don't know about printed ones though :innocent:

june gloom said:
I picked up a pretty lightweight one from New York and Company for about $60, but that was in the beginning of the year. But they might still have some because trenches are classic. That was the first time I've ever been in that store but I really do love the coat.

I hope they have it at the one close to my house. It's difficult for me to find an affordable trench that would fit my petite frame...

skinny_boho said:
I looove trenches and I want them to come back! :angry:

Whatever you wear- as long as it looks good on you- will always be fashionable. :flower:

^And as already stated trenches are less of a trend and more of a classic. In fact, i intend on buying one this summer for the winter and hope they won't become a trend so that i won't be 1 of too many.

what color do you prefer, what do you consider more 'classic'? black or beige?

Does anyone know where I could find one that hits more at the hip or just below it? I feel like the knee length would make me look short- I'm 5'6"-5'7", but I have a long torso, so shorter would probably be better.

I think the classic is the beige, when you think of a trench coat, chances are you're thinking of the beige Burberry. I think black is very sexy and chic...I definitely need one of these!

i'm torn between the black and beige burberry coat. can beige work for fall/winter? is black too dark?

Hmm...I think it can work, the beige Burberry is pretty universal. I guess the question is more if you'll want something warmer later on in the year? the trench will work fine throughout fall, but maybe an overcoat will become more necessary? Also, whether you get beige or black depends on what your other clothes are like...beige works with everything throughout the year, light as well as dark colours, whereas black works best with darker colours...and it's not really a summery colour. I don't think this is helping you come to a decision unfortunately, but just giving you things to consider!

Got a cropped tan trench coat recently. does that still count for this thread even though it's at the waist? :flower:

thanks for the feedback, miu miu. i was leaning towards the beige. the black seemed too dark, since i tried on a trench coat that hit around the knee. but i keep wondering if i am leaning towards the beige coat since it is still relatively warm. this is so hard!

I bought a navy trench for my bf 2ndhand, it suits him so well. His mom went all crazy, she loved it :D

aquastucum f/w 06 :wub:

00098.L.JPG

[firstview]

I think the beige can be worn in all weathers...it's a classic, and originally a raincoat, so it's meant for dull, dreary weather. It just also happens that beige goes well with brighter colours too. You'll be able to layer under the coat for a while yet, (I don't know where you are, so I don't know how cold it gets...I"m judging by my experience in London).

I think for a lot of people a trench is just more practical than a short jacket

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->