theOutnet.com

UNiQFashionista

Fashion Icon googoo gagaa
Reaction score
did you guys here about the Outnet.com? it basically an outlet for things that dont sell or old season stuff, its going to launch this feb, buy NAP...should be exciting (if the prices are actually outlet prices!) we'll see

I just looked at the web address and it's registered to another company. Are you sure you've got the right address?

it's actually http://theoutnet.com/

from fashionista.com:
Fact: We love Net-a-Porter.

Fact: Even more, we love a good sale.

Fact: Net-a-Porter consistently comes up with great ideas for their beloved shoppers, and here’s another one:

This February, Natalie Massenet, the site’s founder, will introduce everyone to TheOutNet.com, which will exist as an outlet for Net-a-Porter.

Translation? All those old items you see on Net-a-Porter every week that still, for whatever reason, never go below 30% off, will be moved to TheOutNet for a less public price slashing. So basically, it’ll be like the Barneys warehouse sale, except everyday, and probably a lot better.

But Miss Massenet, could we please get this site before Fashion Week?

^^i just went on and registered for updates :flower:

thanks for the info!

we'll see in a month or so how good the sales really are.... :shifty:

has anyone gotten any updates/emails from the outnet? i registered but i have gotten nothing.

yeah well I think/hope it'll fail then...with places like Barneys, LVR, etc. offering steep sales, the OutNet will have to really slash prices to succeed. LVR offers free shipping to Canada which I really like, plus more websites now price their items in CDN which I also appreciate...

i have banned myself from netaporter cause im trying to save..but this outnet seems like its going to be great!

re: Outnet

from the australian
THE economy may be going down the tubes but at least we'll look a million dollars. Natalie Massenet, the queen of internet fashion shopping, is launching a new website selling heavily discounted designer labels as savvy shoppers force down the price of luxury clothes.

While many other bills are going up, frugal fashionistas could soon be able to snap up Marc Jacobs bags, Christian Louboutin heels and Stella McCartney blouses at bargain prices. Massenet, whose Net-a-Porter website has already changed the way stylish women shop, is putting the finishing touches to Outnet before it goes live in April.

Thousands of women have signed up for membership and email alerts. The idea is to replicate the experience at discount outlet centres and to offer the thrill of sales all year round without having to leave home.

The launch is being heralded as a victory for consumers over the big fashion houses, which have traditionally resisted offering large discounts at their flagship stores.

Outnet will snap up ready-to-wear clothes that have been ordered and then cancelled by department stores as the recession bites. Brands will be placed on special offer on different days, and surplus stock will be sold at up to 80 per cent off regular retail prices.

Outnet's launch follows the success of other websites such as Brand Alley and Cocosa, on which designers hold "secret sales".

London-based Massenet, 43, a former fashion editor and stylist, says: "We are very excited about this. It's time to give the sale customer a place she can call her own."

Claudia Croft, the fashion editor of The Sunday Times, says: "It is going to be a silver lining of the recession. Women have got used to discounts. Sale shopping can be grubby, but this will be quite chic."

Outnet and similar websites will provide some comfort for cash-strapped women who have resorted to shopping their wardrobe: rummaging around for clothes they have bought in the past but never worn.

Massenet's Net-a-Porter business has already bucked the trend of main street retailers that have gone into administration. It is famous for its 1950s-style packaging, with designer clothes arriving nestled in tissue in black boxes wrapped with white ribbons.

"Natalie has such exquisite taste and has often saved my fashion bacon," says television presenter Cat Deeley. "Those black boxes with white ribbons give girls palpitations."

The timing of Massenet's launch of an online outlet reflects the success customers have had in forcing down prices. TK Maxx, a discount store that sells returned and end-of-range designer clothes, has leapt from 24th to fourth in a poll of Britain's favourite stores.

Tasha Tee, who runs a fashion blog, says: "The shopaholic is feeling the pain far worse than most would think. Chiconomics is such a cute phrase and makes a frugal fashionista like me feel overjoyed about still getting our designer duds."

Brand Alley has attracted 600,000 members in just 12 months. It has been offering Elle Macpherson lingerie at discounts of up to 73per cent and Diesel shoes reduced by up to 69 per cent. Sven Lung, its managing director, says: "Designers like Chloe and John Galliano like us because we help them get rid of their inventory quickly and discreetly."

what is going on with the outlet of nap?

Cant wait for the outlet to open. would love to see if it is the latest additions to sale or things they didnt sell also as pricess. I love NAP, i basically live on it which is a bad habbit. I get annoyed sometimes when they dont reply to my emails as I would like or when they are ignored.

i cant wait for the outnet to be online. i seriously have GREAT expectations, i hope they wont be let down :D

I dont think it will be great...NAP's weakness are their prices and sales...their prices are always higher then other websites...I think the ONLY thing that keeps me going back to NAP is the packaging, and fast shipping.

^ according to british elle, the outnet starts april 2nd. and isnt that today?

what's taking them so long? :judge: but i'm not surprised really... :rolleyes:

im nervously waiting for the stie to be up. i was really hoping it'd be today. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->