thbrmwaw080519ab5.jpg

thbrmwaw080546ns3.jpg

THOM BROWNE
Fall Winter 08

via CATWALKING

Exactly what I was looking for.

What a way to end a night!

Thom Browne F/W 2008 NYC

The review isn't up yet, but I figured out a way to view all the photos.

all you need to do is copy and paste the following into your browser:

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/fashionshows/F2008MEN/TBMEN/RUNWAY/00xxxm.jpg

and replace the 'XXX' from 010 to 500 (010, 020, 030, etc. all way to 500)

for example:

The first:
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/fashionshows/F2008MEN/TBMEN/RUNWAY/00010m.jpg

to the last:
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/fashionshows/F2008MEN/TBMEN/RUNWAY/00500m.jpg

Overall it's an alright collection. The presentation was very strong, the quality and handiwork looks phenomenal (looks an incredibly well-funded show); however the clothes are honestly not as strong as last season. The new super-high-waist/super-cropped-jacket look is a nice self-mockery (and the circus is of course the perfect place for that), but overall the clothes are pretty unwearable and knowing that pretty much everything goes into production out of these shows, nothing really stood out as a must-buy for me (whereas last season I'd say there was a nice, long list).

Oh well, it was still a fun show and Thom is still my favorite.

Ok I totally get this, this was actually designed by a woman as revenge for all of the ridiculous things that male designers have dressed women in. Even the makeup says "die misogynists, die. Down with smokey eyes"

It all makes me want to laugh! :lol:

It's... original though. :stuart:

At least, he's making NYFW less dull, fun and ridiculous, and sensational at the same time...I love that bound suit, the long tail coat, the knit hat and the signature cropped gray suit

i totally agree kiddo.

it almost reminds me of a freak show, the venue almost looks like a circus tent. i like it.

the make-up is weired.... but i think he can use a better presentation for the materials

It kinda strikes me as if he's trying to pull a 'galliano' out of this one.

I`m more the conservative dresser so I don`t think I`ll personally ever end up in one of those feather coats, but I still like this as a way to overemphasize and play with traditional notions of manliness and male vulnerability. And I think his impact might not be financially powerful but it is in terms of aesthetics.

Ok I totally get this, this was actually designed by a woman as revenge for all of the ridiculous things that male designers have dressed women in. Even the makeup says "die misogynists, die. Down with smokey eyes"
Wow, sounds about right!

notice the venue? yeah you're right iyemstoopid...circus sideshows is definitely what i'm getting from this. the styling is irreverent for that,but the ultimate clothes,they look too i dunno clean. i would love to see more texture...more exuberance...something a bit more macabre in the detail. just something a bit more intricate,i feel. i mean the bands and the feather suit just makes it seem too gimmicky.

Salvatore needs the top half of look N°3 in post N°1.
The rest is gimmicky to me. If you look in photo N°6, the audience is laughing. I'm not sure if that's the proper response for this type of show I do not believe.

I think it's eye-popping gorgeousness, the presentation is the best I've seen all week. the sweater's over the jackets and pants are perfectly proportioned and on tone.

pure entertainment, there is a reason it's set in a 3-ring circus. just wish the animals didn't get hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very amusing, high-end fashion for clown and Sideshow Bob. haha can't wait to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->