Thom Browne S/S 11 Womenswear

As a working girl, the collection appeals to me. I like most of the pieces (except for the the tartan prints -- they're too Stepford wives for me.)

first, i feel it important to note here that thom browne, much like dior homme, has quite a following among both men AND women. his quirky suits and his utter devotion to razor sharp tailoring cuts across genders. while i feel the strongest outing from this show remain the accessories (many businesses get built on the same as we know), there's nothing in this show that could not get mixed and matched with a patrician woman's well-heeled wardrobe. it leans more chanel-paul smith-tory burch-j.crew than many would like, but there's a strong customer base for this if he positions it just right. in the interim, the starlet set will have to continue to wear his menswear on the red carpet...

alg_leighton_meester.jpg

nydailynews.com

Thanks for posting the red carped image of Leighton Meester in Thom Browne, mikeijames... The suit seems to fit her perfectly, though I think there's still something about the look that seems a bit contrived, rather than effortless. I think I'd leave the tie in the men's closet in the case of Thom Browne's iconic grey suit and rather have the shirt buttoned one more open for it to have a more relaxed attitude. Nonetheless, it takes more attitude to pull off a men's suit over wearing a little party dress and I very much appreciate to see a mainstream starlet as her to make such a pick!

why is her blazer so looongg? meh I don't really like her in that suit but there are sometimes she pulls it off.

I love this!!! I'm feeling a sense of deja vu though...not so much the pieces but the vibe. I'm getting a British colonial mood, a cross sort of between The Vessel by Lois Samuel and Jessica Ogden's eponymous label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsTransformedClothing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->