entire show:heart:

men.style.com
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

LMAO! Without a doubt the funniest fashion show I've seen in a while. Quite amusing even though a good portion of the pieces aren't very wearable. This will certainly work in his favor since people will beg for a ticket to his next show just to see what surprises he has in store.

I have to say, even thought the gimmecky purely fashion stuff leaves me cold, there were two or three coats I liked.

That grey astrakhan and the black full length with piped trim are both to die for. And his use of an argyle as a harlequin pattern is extremely cool.

okay,its really much better with these additions. i agree about the coats and jackets and the use of argyle. i actually would love to have one of those jackets with the built-in wings. the capes which he's done before,aren't bad either. i still however wish there was more texture but all in all,its not as bland as i previously thought.

So...I hate it all. I can stand barely one piece: the frock coat with the feather lining. Everything else is beyond horrible! I know this completely echoes my sentiments on the Prada show, but *really*!

I hate that Thom is one of just two interesting designers in the menswear market (the other is Raf), but he still somehow manages to disappoint me every season (except F/W 06, which was brilliant).

And there are so many gimmicks in this that there aren't any new ideas he's proposing. The bat wing sleeve suits bothered me the most. The wings look like they were just added on. And the feather suits? He just changed spring's flower motif to feathers! Also, in addition to his short pants, tight blazers, and red-white-and-blue trim, Thom seems to have an affinity for those really awkward structured A-line shaped coats/skirts. I know he likes "awkward" but he's driven this shape into the ground.

Oh, and Tim Blanks' review is just getting me angrier.

I don't think you can take this literally...won't it be toned down for production? if you can see past the extreme presentation there seems to be very interesting ideas going on... the jackets stand out right away to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^But that's the thing. Almost none of this will make it to shelves. Everything in stores will look the same as last season.

Really? that's just silly then. it's too bad I think he's got some good concepts to build on. his sense of balance and proportion are fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
would be pretty pointless to do these kinds of pieces and never actually propose any of them at the shops? and since this is menswear i would find that even more disappointing. men need more ideas and more variety. why not sell these more experimental pieces in a limited approach? i would find that alot more feesable than using these items as pure show.

what an impressive show indeed - very amusing and entertaining... i think he's becoming the "Comme des garcons" of sartorial tailoring!! thre is actually quite a lot of wearable pieces when you break the outfits apart if you have serious $$ to spend which i doubt if anyone would in this kind of economy... i say clearance rack they go..

finally got my first piece of TB at 70% off at NM.. a long cashmere scarf with pockets and stripes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsabiyon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->