ThreeAsFour S/S 08 NYC

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
Threeasfour's Gabi, Adi, and Ange now find themselves in a strange position: part of the establishment. The avant-garde downtown designers, who were once said to share a bed with their former fourth, Kai Kühne, are CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalists for the first time. They're still playing with the curved seams and ruffled tendrils that are their signatures, but they've polished their act in accordance with their new status. Transparent mesh concentric circles were boldly spliced around the armholes of one blazer. Other wrap jackets came with slashes at the shoulder to reveal flashes of skin. A lilac maillot with a sheer panel arching from one hip to the waist was easily the sexiest of the season so far. Evening is where these designers' sensibilities really comes through. One gown in layers of raspberry, buff, and white organza fit together like a big puzzle. However, Threeasfour's ambition got the better of them with the two dresses that closed the show. These came with swooping streamers of organza rosettes that would make navigating a revolving door or dance floor an insurance risk. But the best pieces—like a pair of slinky, asymmetrically draped aqua silk dresses—exuded a confidence that suggested this threesome is quite content with its new situation.

4gxnjhx.jpg
5zl9wz9.jpg

style.com

Weirdly organic as usual. At least they have their own voice.
I do like the paler than pale palette, it gives their work an ethereal quality.

The clothes are pretty enough, but my only problem is how delicate they appear. I feel like it'll only take one wrong, accidental move, and suddenly your beautiful dress is ripped.

I don't like the strange swimsuit thrown in towards the middle, either. You just know that string holding the material up won't last more than two, three swims.

it's very beautiful, delicate, soft... gorgeous...
the colour palette is beautiful for a soft and sweet summer...
they have changed a lot since debut as4... eventhough i think i reocgnize some "signatures"... but it's for their best... very good!

Love the light as a feather feel, their aesthetic is always pleasing to me.. but those last two dresses are for the bin.

Does anyone in NYC have something to say??? I'm bored. Most of these collections might as well be one HUGE collection.

Is Myself showing in Paris?

i thought i might like it but i dont...
everything is just too pale...and i dont normally say that....
or maybe its the fit of the clothes...which just looks off...

too many strange cuts and flaps coming out of everywhere...
and i hate all the flowers toward the end...
plus the hair and makeup does nothing for the models...

snorefest.

threeasfour has gone downhill for me...nothing is as insane or harsh as it used to be, and i thought they did that look rather well.

i actually quite like this.. so pure. seems much more focused than last spring for them. i dont like the last gown.. but i love the sheaths of organza. very nice.

i like it actually. very ethereal indeed...and i don't usually care for flowy pieces but it's got a charm to it with the circular cutting and the detailings that make it a bit more unique.

the casting and hair and make up really do nothing for this presentation...
but if i block out the models' heads...
the clothes are actually not that bad...
:P

Is it a crime to make pretty, wearable clothes?? I lurve them and this was an easy breezy collection. It kind of reminds of Rick Owens....if Rick Owens was a fairy princess or pixie. Anyways, it wasn't my favorite from them but I'de wear about 60% of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandracorvington
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->