Thrift Stores In Nyc

LilyBird

Reaction score
Hey all~

I am going to have 4 free hours in the city this saturday and would love to visit some thrift stores. Problem is, I don't know of any around 28th street (near FIT where I take classes).

Can anyone help me out? (the stores don't have to be near 28th....)

thanks!

xoxoxo
lily

there are some really good ones in soho and in the lower east side.

what goes around comes around on w.bway in soho
alice's underground on bway (not w.bway) in soho
cheap jack's - U.Square (across from Virgin records)

Originally posted by faust@Mar 12th, 2004 - 11:07 am
what goes around comes around on w.bway in soho
alice's underground on bway (not w.bway) in soho
cheap jack's - U.Square (across from Virgin records)
Yikes- Sorry faust- I was going to suggest that she stay away from Cheap Jacks- they sell t-shirts up to 150 bucks and not exceptionally amazing ones either.

I would stick to the Salvations Armys in Mahanttan. It is more work, but also more pay-off for the buck. If you take the L to Bedford Ave you can hit up Beacon's Closet on N 11th (its the block after the Brooklyn Brewery). They're pricier than the Goodwills and Salvation Armys, they have tons of newer jeans, designers, etc. I walked by another in Park Slope and my friend said that it's a superior branch :grrr:

If you decide to do the W-burg thrift hunt- stop in at my personal fav. I call it The Junk Shop but it is actually called the Greenpoint Used Clothing & Furniture Warehouse- who knew? It is not even in Greenpoint- its on the corner of Driggs and 11th, right before the park. It is gigantic- they have it all(luggage, housewares, furnitures)- but be ready to literally dig through piles of clothes in bins. Also be prepared to haggle over the price of your pile with the owner!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->