Tights and Stockings

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by LilyBird, Dec 15, 2003.

1. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

you're welcome...i think that marks and spencer (for you londoners) has some very good and quite reasonably priced tights for everyday wear... :flower:

bought some today..opaque with texture and open weave patterns...basic , wearable colours...
    blk, purple, burgundy ...etc..

2. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

It totally depends on my mood, although I do have a couple stand-bys that I'll wear with my tights. If I'm not really too concerned, I stick with my mary janes or these new cartoon-ish style red sneakers. Occationally I'll wear stockings with my taller boots, but I don't wear them on an everyday basis. Pretty much whatever's the most comfortable, and hopefully cute with them.
    Nope, I don't really wear my stockings during the summer; mostly for practical reasons. I suppose for getting dressed up, but otherwise not.
    And I've never tried dying them, although it is an interesting idea! B)

3. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I like the tye-dye idea. I think if you have tights that are mostly cotton it would work just fine. Purple, since you are slim, you could probably get the largest size of girls' tights and try it. Children's tights are easier to find in a mostly-cotton blend, and often in heavier weights. I'm a little bigger than you are and I can wear a girls' x-large (14-16)

4. purplelucrezia

Something new for me to try, thanks... :innocent:

5. purplelucrezia

:P Some splattered tights.

6. slushy_gurl

slushy_gurl New Member

i was just going through my drawer and i found these waaay cool pairs i had and forgot it had . I had a few pairs with these waaaay bright flames on them and a few others with spider webs on them . They are black and the designs are different colors . Actually , i think i'm heading down there at some point today to but some more and wear them as part of a costume for halloween ..heheheheheee.... :P :P :P

slushy gurl

7. Artemis

Artemis New Member

I've done that before! it looked awesome! i just got an old pair of white cotton tights i had and a tie dye kit and followed the instructions. also at dance stores you can get white tights that are made specifically for painting/dying. like these. :flower:

8. slushy_gurl

slushy_gurl New Member

OMG , sheeeesh now look what you've done . I have to go to the gym , the pool , was going shopping , then to work and NOW , i have to stop of at the bank too ??????????? i LOVE , no , wait , LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE that idea .. crazy colors here i come , rainbow colors here i come . :P :P :P

slushy gurl

9. Artemis

Artemis New Member

:o what did i do? :P :P :P :P :P :flower: heehee...have fun!

10. purplelucrezia

Both are from "Cute" magazine. Which I incidentally do not understand a word of...

11. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Picture #2 is great; leggings-as-tights is a look that I love :heart:

12. purplelucrezia

From Fornarina. ^_^

13. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

EMILIO PUCCI AND WOLFORD

joined forces for the launch of a limited edition range of hosiery and bodywear mid of october 2004.
    The line features two versions of the printed tights and body - one floral, one geometric - in two color waves set against a white background.

14. zzz

zzz New Member

Wool pantihoses/tights

I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic. But I am looking for wool or cashmere pantihoses/tights. Anyone knows where to buy wool or cashmere pantihoses/tights or any brand that would have them?

15. .francesca

.francesca about to fall or fly

i don't know, i've been looking too! winter in canada is very, very different from winter in san francisco.

16. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

Wolford makes merino wool tights- they're pretty pricy though- at around 50 dollars a pair--

I am sure someone out there is producing cashmere tights, but I am guessing they will be very, very expensive - -

Why not google search for "wool tights" or "cashmere tights"? I'm sure you come up with plenty of hits - - If you're looking for rec. for brick and mortar stores, I'd try TJ Maxx or Daffy's, etc. You could also try a dance store in your area. Some ballet warm-up tights are wool-based.

17. zzz

zzz New Member

Thankyou. That's a very smart idea.

18. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

The japanese brand Tabio probably would have loads..in every colour of the rainbow.
    H&M makes cheap wooly ones.
    :flower:

19. polyphony

polyphony New Member

Hose, tights, stockings: colors!

I wasn’t sure if this should go here or in the shopping section but I want to know where everyone buys their hose especially in non-traditional colors and patterns.

Thanks!

20. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer