Tights and Stockings

Originally posted by eloes@Oct 3 2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks, softgrey! :woot: I'll check those out for sure.
[snapback]384608[/snapback]​

you're welcome...i think that marks and spencer (for you londoners) has some very good and quite reasonably priced tights for everyday wear... :flower:

bought some today..opaque with texture and open weave patterns...basic , wearable colours...
blk, purple, burgundy ...etc..

Originally posted by slushy_gurl@Oct 24 2004, 06:26 PM
purplelucrezia , do you wear them in the summer too or in the summer do you like wearing over knee's ? I tried a few times to wear them , especialy my fav colors red and black but i was just comfortable with the look . I tried thicker over knees too with the same designs as i have on the tights ( cable knits ) but again the comfort was just not there for me ( they looked fine but .... ) . Do you wear them with boots like DRs. or with running shoes or what ?

slushy gurl
[snapback]405728[/snapback]​
It totally depends on my mood, although I do have a couple stand-bys that I'll wear with my tights. If I'm not really too concerned, I stick with my mary janes or these new cartoon-ish style red sneakers. Occationally I'll wear stockings with my taller boots, but I don't wear them on an everyday basis. Pretty much whatever's the most comfortable, and hopefully cute with them.
Nope, I don't really wear my stockings during the summer; mostly for practical reasons. I suppose for getting dressed up, but otherwise not.
And I've never tried dying them, although it is an interesting idea! B)

I like the tye-dye idea. I think if you have tights that are mostly cotton it would work just fine. Purple, since you are slim, you could probably get the largest size of girls' tights and try it. Children's tights are easier to find in a mostly-cotton blend, and often in heavier weights. I'm a little bigger than you are and I can wear a girls' x-large (14-16)

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 25 2004, 10:53 PM
I like the tye-dye idea. I think if you have tights that are mostly cotton it would work just fine. Purple, since you are slim, you could probably get the largest size of girls' tights and try it. Children's tights are easier to find in a mostly-cotton blend, and often in heavier weights. I'm a little bigger than you are and I can wear a girls' x-large (14-16)
[snapback]406833[/snapback]​
Something new for me to try, thanks... :innocent:

i was just going through my drawer and i found these waaay cool pairs i had and forgot it had . I had a few pairs with these waaaay bright flames on them and a few others with spider webs on them . They are black and the designs are different colors . Actually , i think i'm heading down there at some point today to but some more and wear them as part of a costume for halloween ..heheheheheee.... :P :P :P

slushy gurl

Originally posted by slushy_gurl@Oct 25 2004, 04:17 PM
purplelucrezia , i had this waaay crazy thought . Have you ever tried to tie die any of your thick tights in a zillion colors at the same time ? I just tried it and it came out OK but could have been better . I have to get some more tomorrow anyway i found on Spadina Rd. but i have the funny feeling that i may have to alter them a wee bit . Hmmmmm , another crazy idea running through my head . heheheeeeeeee ..... :P :P :P

slushy gurl
[snapback]406686[/snapback]​

I've done that before! it looked awesome! i just got an old pair of white cotton tights i had and a tie dye kit and followed the instructions. also at dance stores you can get white tights that are made specifically for painting/dying. like these. :flower:

OMG , sheeeesh now look what you've done . I have to go to the gym , the pool , was going shopping , then to work and NOW , i have to stop of at the bank too ??????????? i LOVE , no , wait , LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE that idea .. crazy colors here i come , rainbow colors here i come . :P :P :P

slushy gurl

Both are from "Cute" magazine. Which I incidentally do not understand a word of...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 2 2004, 11:47 AM
Both are from "Cute" magazine. Which I incidentally do not understand a word of...
[snapback]447599[/snapback]​

Picture #2 is great; leggings-as-tights is a look that I love :heart:

EMILIO PUCCI AND WOLFORD

joined forces for the launch of a limited edition range of hosiery and bodywear mid of october 2004.
The line features two versions of the printed tights and body - one floral, one geometric - in two color waves set against a white background.

Wool pantihoses/tights

I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic. But I am looking for wool or cashmere pantihoses/tights. Anyone knows where to buy wool or cashmere pantihoses/tights or any brand that would have them?

i don't know, i've been looking too! winter in canada is very, very different from winter in san francisco.

zzz said:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic. But I am looking for wool or cashmere pantihoses/tights. Anyone knows where to buy wool or cashmere pantihoses/tights or any brand that would have them?

Wolford makes merino wool tights- they're pretty pricy though- at around 50 dollars a pair--

I am sure someone out there is producing cashmere tights, but I am guessing they will be very, very expensive - -

Why not google search for "wool tights" or "cashmere tights"? I'm sure you come up with plenty of hits - - If you're looking for rec. for brick and mortar stores, I'd try TJ Maxx or Daffy's, etc. You could also try a dance store in your area. Some ballet warm-up tights are wool-based.

paprika_hiccup said:
Why not google search for "wool tights" or "cashmere tights"?
Thankyou. That's a very smart idea.

The japanese brand Tabio probably would have loads..in every colour of the rainbow.
H&M makes cheap wooly ones.
:flower:

Hose, tights, stockings: colors!

I wasn’t sure if this should go here or in the shopping section but I want to know where everyone buys their hose especially in non-traditional colors and patterns.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheB
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"