Tights and Stockings

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by LilyBird, Dec 15, 2003.

1. oicicup

oicicup New Member

2. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

i'm craving tights in evry colour possible !
    & texture . . ! :woot:
    but i hate spending $$$ on them . . . doesn't feel like it's justified :lol:

3. NOE

NOE New Member

^^Are you near an H&M? They have loads of great colors, textures, and so on for super cheap... I even have a few from last year that are still in the package:blush:

4. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

i will get myself to H&M soon ! :wink:

5. titania

titania Active Member

I wish they had colourful tights available down here... The only ones I've found are red and hot pink.

6. NOE

NOE New Member

^Where are you?

7. avec_amour

avec_amour New Member

I love love love wearing fishnets. I wear them almost every day to work ( i work in a law firm) they're perfect. Target has been my main drug dealer for stockings/tights. They're also cheap in price and hold up really well. About $3-5.00 and they usually come in packs of 3.

Banana Republic also has some as well but they run about $7.00 for one pair but have interesting styles/combos.

I would suggest Target first if you have one by you :blush:

8. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

I have a pair of black tights with tiny black hearts all over them..tres cute. :heart:

9. *AndoraStar*

*AndoraStar* Day Dreaming

I absolutely ADORE tights.. I need to go buy myself some winter ones..

10. boho_babe

boho_babe Cinematic Vision

I love the colder weather just so I can wear tights :rolleyes: :innocent:

11. daddyslittlegrl8

daddyslittlegrl8 New Member

I was wondering could someone make some recommendations on stocking/tights that are 1) comfortable (I have yet to have a pair that don't make me itch all over) 2) are fairly reasonable in price. I love stocking and I think they're cute, but I refuse, absolutely refuse to wear anything that is not comfortable. Fashion does *NOT* outweight comfort IMO. Any recommendations?

dlg

12. avec_amour

avec_amour New Member

Target definitly :P

13. titania

titania Active Member

Hey NOE, sorry for the late reply!! :blush:. I'm in Australia...

14. crankypants

crankypants New Member

I like DKNY. They sell for about $12.50. Nordstroms carries them, but I've found them occassionally at TJ Maxx for cheaper.

15. Tiffany7

Tiffany7 Active Member

Does anyone know where I can find some heavier tights that would be warmer for winter? Im looking for a cream pair & a black pair. Thanks.

16. Trista

Trista New Member

I would check any good department store because my mom has some thicker tights.

I personally use different kinds of tights/nylons for different things. For example, if I'm wearing a formal outfit or something where I'm wearing a short skirt and say boots, I'll wear sheer to waist nylons. I have a pair of flower-patterned crocheted tights that I'll wear under my gauchos to dress them up somewhat but also I'll wear them as a costume piece for my high school's guys b-ball games. I own two pairs of fishnets-one large and one small, which are also for costumes only. And I own blue opague tights which are for costumes only.

17. miumiugirl

miumiugirl New Member

tights

I bought these cute Italian tights today...Italian tights are the best

18. kellymeeker

kellymeeker New Member

Those are hot!

19. Stargirl52

Stargirl52 New Member

Stripey tights in USA

I really have no idea whether or not this is the right place... so I'll just put it here and hope it's ok.

My dad's off to LA on a business trip in a couple of weeks, and I need some junk. I'd really really love some stripey or dotty tights/nylons/whatever you guys call them, and they're SO expensive here in NZ. Does anyone know of any shops, preferrably ones with websites, from which I could force him to buy me some from? I'd love you forever if you do.

Thanks times infinity if you find anything.

20. cyclamen

cyclamen New Member

http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php
    looks like a good website. The owner has a blog where she tries on almost every thing that she sells so you can see what it actually looks like on a person: http://www.sock-dreams.com/weblog/index.php
    They have plaid cotton tights - a dark hunter green variegation. I really would like those.

And I just got three pairs of wool tights from
    http://www.stockingirl.com
    Delivery was speedy, tights are warm! They were the buy two cable tights and get one free ribby tights. The ribby tights look fantastic. The cable tights are totally comfortable but they cables are not exactly how I imagined them - very mechanical looking. But I think after I wash them they might fuzz up...I was expecting a pair like the one I had in high school which was almost sweater weight. But I expect these will be more practical. Anyhow, they all have shaped sock feet.

I'm also waiting on a pair of levante wool stockings and a pair of the opaque wool tights from http://www.mytights.com They have a really good selection and a flat shipping rate! I'm really excited about the stockings because I love the way they look and it's been a few years since I owned a pair.

Yeah, it's late in the season for getting wool tights but I know I'll want them next year. I really wanted a pair like the McQueen fair isles pictured in the "Tights Spot" NYT spread but I haven't seen anything like that. Oh well.

#120 cyclamen, Mar 11, 2006
    Last edited by moderator jl310: Mar 11, 2006