Tights and Stockings

where can i find black tightswith a bit of a shine to it? like the ones used yesterday at the Chanel pre-fall collection?

Blue tights

To start with they sound really ugly. When I imagine them they feel ugly but I have seen a couple of girls wearng them (mainly in colder weather) and they look fabulous (IMO). Just wondered whether people agree or not?

Here are some pics I have found, I think with black they work wonderfully well but with brown not at all

TAA003s.jpg

TAA004s.jpg

Now I have to say I don't think this color scheme works very well -

TAA002s.jpg

All pics from

http://www.redbookintl.com

I like the blue tights. I like them in all shades - navy, cobalt, smurf blue, pastels, whatever. I'm planning on buying a pastel-y pair from welovecolors sometime soon.

As mentioned earlier, for all you US customer, take a look at http://www.sockdreams.com - just google their name, the reviews are amazing!:flower:

I wondered if Wolford tights are even better than tights dancers wear?
Really don't care about the price, but I want the best pair of black opaque stockings there is! :blush:

i think we discussed the chanel ones somewhere else...did anyone ever get price info?

I saw those Chanel tights up close at a fashion show and they are sooooo cute! :heart:

I spoke to a Chanel girl and iirc the two-tone ones are $210 and the ones that are lace front/black back are $425. Why the difference in price I do not know! Anyhow it was something like that.

They are supposed to be in stores in August and there's a waiting list!

I have a tear on the inside of my leg. To stop the tear, my mother applied clear polish. Is that safe?

^ Yes, it's perfectly fine - the polish may show on the tights/stockings, but otherwise it's a great (and safe) method of stopping the tear. Besides, I'd rather have polish show on my tights than a tear. :P

The nail polish will work fine. It may make your tights a little sticky at first, but it will stop the tear from getting any bigger.

I wore tights for the first time today since i was like five but I noticed that the tended to slip down, awkwardly so as i was wearing a short skirt. I was wondering if they were too big or if there was some secret I just dont know about keeping them in place.... I loved the look, and they were comfortable while up but they wouldn't stay...

haha the same thing happens to me, specially when im walking around. when i was little my mom used to put on my sisters and i double undies haha one under and one on top of the tights to stop them from falling...but i dont think id do it now haha

^^ when my tights did that recently, i had to replace them. i think sometimes the elastic just wears out. or it may help to get the tall or "control top" version of tights.

does anyone know where i can get a pinstripe tight that has a chunky stripes? been looking everywhere...

haha the same thing happens to me, specially when im walking around. when i was little my mom used to put on my sisters and i double undies haha one under and one on top of the tights to stop them from falling...but i dont think id do it now haha

I've done the same thing:ninja:. it really is the best option

I have a tear on the inside of my leg. To stop the tear, my mother applied clear polish. Is that safe?

LOL don't get me wrong but I haven't heard that in a long time i used to do it back home when I was a child and it does work :blush:, i wish I can use them again but here in FL is just impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that i am addicted to buying tights..I am dreading when the weather gets warmer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->